• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 10/22 Threading?

PLeighton

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
NE North Carolina
www.l8ntactical.com
Sorry is this has been covered a million times.

I'm waiting on my first can and was curious about mounting options.
The suppresor I'm getting is an SRT Typhoon 5.56mm can, but I plan on putting the occasional .22lr round through it as well.
The Typhoon can is equipted with an Atlas universal mount which is similar to the Gemtech HALO mount in that it mounts to any flash hider with an A2 birdcage profile.

One of my 10/22s is an SBR Krinker plinker with an A2 bird cage already installed.
My other 10/22 is my long range trainer.
The trainer has a Green Mountain .910 profile barrel and I am happy with it's performance.
I was kicking around the idea of having this barrel threaded and instal a VLTOR FH on it.

Alternately, I would really like to have the barrel machined so that the mount would index on the barrel without the need for a flash hider at all.
I think that it would just look diferent and would be the Cat's Ass as long as it didn't break the bank.
Can anyone recomend a good source to have this work done?

Other options would of course to purchase a new barrel that is already threaded,
but I hate to change something that is performing so well for me currently.

Thanks for any and all advice / ideas.

Re: 10/22 Threading?

Threading is an easy job and cheap $40. I am sure you could get your barrel turned down to resemble the profile on a FH for not much more.

What I had in mind for the custom machining would be to turn the muzzle down to be the same OD as an A2 FH.
Then have the two grooves & wrench flats cut in at the appropriate locations.

You ever run a lathe?
I know a guy who has one and does not live far from you.
laugh.gif

If you want to talk about it, get my number from Craig or Tom.
BTW....Tom has my Giraud if you want to check it out.