• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Trigger options

Chard1

Ban Cat victim of their own stupidity
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2020
Memphis
Are there options for light pull weight (at least 8 ozs.) triggers for a 10/22? Notice I said “options”. I prefer not to be boxed in by a single manufacturer.

Brimstone gunsmithing can rework your current trigger group.
They are pretty amazing, you don't have to spend $300 on a $200 gun to make it perform

Thanks. Can Brimstone get me in the 8-12oz range.

Again, I’m looking for options other than Kidd. Nevertheless, thanks to all for your previous responses.

Brimstone gunsmithing can rework your current trigger group.
They are pretty amazing, you don't have to spend $300 on a $200 gun to make it perform
I’ve looked into this as well and found Brimstone gunsmithing. I’ll most likely be sending them my trigger.

Reactions: Chard1
Brimstone says they can get your trigger to 2lbs. Lower than that is not safe. Kidd, on the other hand, offers a 1.5 lb single stage and a 3oz/3oz 2 stage trigger. I’ve got a Kidd “light field” trigger (1lb/1lb) and my opinion is that the quest for a replacement trigger for the 10/22 begins and ends with Kidd.

Just got my trigger back from Brimstone. Did the Tier 2. They say it’s 2lbs. Don’t have a gauge to measure but feels good to me. Slightest bit of creep on the break. Not a deal breaker for me but I’m just a plinker.

Volquartson Target Hammer pack. Costs35-40$, easy to install, and did wonders for my factory trigger. Since you will have the trigger taken apart, get the auto bolt release. I'm puzzled why Ruger has not made that a standard feature on their 10/22s.

Reactions: squishee
Volquartson Target Hammer pack. Costs35-40$, easy to install, and did wonders for my factory trigger. Since you will have the trigger taken apart, get the auto bolt release. I'm puzzled why Ruger has not made that a standard feature on their 10/22s.
Just ordered the Volquartson Target Hammer bolt release kit . Thanks on that info

Reactions: IrishWind
Thanks. Can Brimstone get me in the 8-12oz range.

Again, I’m looking for options other than Kidd. Nevertheless, thanks to all for your previous responses.

Why are you ignoring the only good option? There are plenty of triggers out there, but there is a reason 99% will tell you kidd.

My vote, Kidd. They work and they feel great.

Reactions: RTH1800
Only one option. Kidd 2 stage. The rest are not even close.
THIS! Yes, there are 10/22 trigger tuning kits from many companies, as well as factory 10/22 triggers that have been tuned. There are very few 10/22 triggers designed from from a clean slate, using no factory design parts. The Kidd is one of them, and IN MY EXPERIENCE, THE BEST. No other 10/22 trigger comes close to the Kidd Two-Stage in consistency of pull weight, lack of creep, crispness of let-off, and fit & finish of the parts. NONE.

Below are some photos of my insane 10/22, which consists of a 17/4 SS MOA Corporation Two Lug 10/22 Receiver with threaded Kidd Barrel, Kidd Two Stage Trigger, Volquartsen CNC Bolt, Competition Bolt Recoil Rod & Spring, and Automatic Bolt Release, and McMillan 10/22 Sporter Stock. An old matte finish 1" tube Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X40 AO sits atop a EGW 20 MOA Picatinny Rail.

I bought an 17/4 SS MOA Corporation 10/22 receiver and a 20" SS Kidd Barrel and sent them off to Randy at CPC (Connecticut Precision Chambering). Randy recut the 3/4-16 thread on the Receiver, cut the matching (3/4-16) threads on the Kidd's tenon, threaded the barrel into the receiver, and located & drilled the McMillan stock for the MOA Receiver's Rear Lug, then sent the barreled action and stock back to me. The MOA Receiver's Rear Lug and threaded Kidd barrel allow true free-float, eliminating the 10/22's characteristic barrel-droop.

The last two (2) photos are of a 10 shot, 100 yard group I shot with an OLD lot of 40gr. Winchester T22. The big hole consists of six (6) shots slow-fired, (waiting for the wind to die down between shots), and the other four shots (two at 5:00, one at 2:00, and one at 7:00) were shot rapid fire because (a) I was tired of waiting, and (b) the wind was really starting to pick up. The Leupold 4.5-14X40 AO doesn't have enough "Down" to allow me to zero at the target center, but that's OK with me because I usually shoot at 200+ yards anyway.

10 shots at 100 yards. Big hole is six (6) shots slow-fired, the other four (two at 5:00, one at 2:00, one at 7:00 were fired rapid fire.

Keith

Last edited:
I think the Kidd 2 stage is the only option that's going to get you that light. There are some other nice triggers out there but nothing under 1lb. Jewel used to make some really nice ones light ones, but they stopped a few years ago rumored because Ruger started to refuse to sell them trigger housings. Timney has a couple nice ones but again they are in the 2lb range. Volquartsen again nice trigger, but not going to be under 2lb.

Last edited:
Why are you ignoring the only good option? There are plenty of triggers out there, but there is a reason 99% will tell you kidd.

My vote, Kidd. They work and they feel great.
I’m 55 years old. There are a few things in life the short time I have left on this planet I don’t intend to do. One of those things that apply in this instance is I refuse to be controlled by any person, thing, entity, group, etc. No thing will have a monopoly on me. Of course, unless, I choose to comply.

America, home of the free... I enjoy exercising my freedoms of choice

• Haha
Reactions: Mike Casselton
I’m 55 years old. There are a few things in life the short time I have left on this planet I don’t intend to do. One of those things that apply in this instance is I refuse to be controlled by any person, thing, entity, group, etc. No thing will have a monopoly on me. Of course, unless, I choose to comply.

Ditto, except I'm 20 yrs older. :eek:

Maybe you'll find this article interesting??? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Chard1
First time I used a Kidd trigger i was in love and that is what i run now.

Kidd, or shoot a junk trigger, and I'll laugh at you:)
The subject is too subjective for this statement to have any merit. It’s like saying the Democratic Party serves the best interest of this country. Just as I will not be bullied into any political beliefs, I’ll use whosever equipment I choose to spend my money on. This is a mature statement.

The subject is too subjective for this statement to have any merit. It’s like saying the Democratic Party serves the best interest of this country. Just as I will not be bullied into any political beliefs, I’ll use whosever equipment I choose to spend my money on. This is a mature statement.
Having a little fun....your more interested in whining than taking any advice. Don't let this box you in, influence you in any way, or remotely suggest you do anything:)
10/22 trigger under 8oz one option Kidd:)

Having a little fun....your more interested in whining than taking any advice. Don't let this box you in, influence you in any way, or remotely suggest you do anything:)
10/22 trigger under 8oz one option Kidd:)
I won’t live on my knees; I’ll always have a contingency to the contingency.

Chard1, I get what you said about being limited to one manufacturer and not being boxed in.
I am kind of the same way as I chose Canon cameras instead of all my friends' choice in Nikon and shot Colt Python revolvers instead of Smith & Wesson's my friends used in matches.
Done fine with my Canons since I don't shoot with them :) but not so good against S&W with my Colts until I saw the light and got my S&W 686.

I have a KIDD 2 stage in my custom Chacon and Ruger factory custom shop 10/22.
If it weren't for these triggers, my groups and scores would suffer considerably.
The guys who compete at ABRA matches 99% use a KIDD trigger.

The much superior trigger pull of the S&W 686 and Model 27 is 100% of the reason those pistols outshot my Pythons and why I had to switch to win again.
My cousin and I always believed trigger pull was 90% important in winning a match and shooting small groups and we still believe it to this day.
JMO, if two shooters are equally talented, the one with the better trigger wins virtually every time in a shooting match.
I asked for recommendations (plural). I gratefully received recommendations.

However, it’s baffling to me how some of you attempt to force your preferences onto another adult.

For a final time, you can hunt in all pink if you choose. And, I’ll hunt in the color I choose.

I got lucky and picked up a ruger bx that’s not bad definitely way better than stock breaks around 2 lbs. I’d love to try a Kidd I’m not crazy
About 2 stage but iv heard there single stage is great to.

Why the chip on your shoulder?

I own several Kidd two stage triggers and no one from the company has ever tried to control me.

I got lucky and picked up a ruger bx that’s not bad definitely way better than stock breaks around 2 lbs. I’d love to try a Kidd I’m not crazy
About 2 stage but iv heard there single stage is great to.
Uh yeah, when I posted last time in this thread that was what I actually had in mind.

That's the one I have and it is really nice. In fact, the one I'm talking about is all Kidd guts with an integral Liberty barrel and Titan stock. Night and day compared to Ruger, they're not even in the same ballpark. Besides being my quietest rifle, it's also tied with my M2HB for the most fun weapon to shoot.

Why the chip on your shoulder?

I own several Kidd two stage triggers and no one from the company has ever tried to control me.
It‘s simple stupid General.

We all are products of our environment and experience. I work in the legal field. As a result, I’m analytical and pay attention to detail. Please consider the aforementioned, and, the fact I’m trying to be kind by limited what I say.

Like everyone on the planet I’m driven by my personal experiences. However, unlike most, I don’t easily succumb to external influences or pressures.

So, why ask for advice? It’s mind control you know.
Again, “I asked for recommendations (plural). I gratefully received recommendations (plural).

I did not ask that I be told a singular product I MUST use. Certainly, if you achieved the rank of two star you should be able to comprehend this fact.

This is America. And, I don’t wear a uniform.

Many here are observant but most realize others are as well.

My observations of your post indicate English is likely your second language, some form of Asian being first. Most likely Chinese. All your 15 post are seeking details about products and arguing with the replies.

In a previous post you mention “that you are not interested inkeeping up with the BONES” and not understanding the meaning of “your mileage may vary”.

You are also too cheap to buy the trigger you want, if you actually want one at all.

Now moving past facts and speculating it is somewhat likely that you are probing the market to do some cheap Chink knockoff of the Kidd trigger and DPMS magazines.

But, I’m not “In the legal profession” so my observations are clearly of less value than yours.

Many here are observant but most realize others are as well.

My observations of your post indicate English is likely your second language, some form of Asian being first. Most likely Chinese. All your 15 post are seeking details about products and arguing with the replies.

In a previous post you mention “that you are not interested inkeeping up with the BONES” and not understanding the meaning of “your mileage may vary”.

You are also too cheap to buy the trigger you want, if you actually want one at all.

Now moving past facts and speculating it is somewhat likely that you are probing the market to do some cheap Chink knockoff of the Kidd trigger and DPMS magazines.

But, I’m not “In the legal profession” so my observations are clearly of less value than yours.

“Leaders” like you are what cause the best and the brightest to avoid the military and politics.

So, let me be candid. Every center fire rifle I own, whether bolt or dmr has the most expensive Timney trigger available. It’s because I like Timney’s products. In addition, I like Timney as a company. I feel good about spending my money with this company.

Every optic I own is a Light Optical Works manufactured optic. I have confidence in their product and I feel very confident with my choices.

When you and the advocates for Kidd come to the place where you appreciate we are adults and make our own choices, let me know. I’m far from your subordinate. In addition, I’d be willing to bet the Ivy League professional degrees in my household outweigh those at yours. In other terms, we are far from stupid or broke.

Did you find an option other than kidd?
Not necessarily. I think Timney recently came out with a 1.5# trigger. However, I believe it’s out of stock.

I have several projects going. So, the carousel kind of alerts me periodically to look for items I need.

Have something in mind?

I think Kidd makes one.
Whatever you buttholes are smoking you may want to give it up.

For the record, every person on the planet can use Kidd. But, I will use only what I choose.

I’m very shocked at the immaturity in responses to this post. These responses are not consistent with any of my experiences with the Hide.

Every optic I own is a Light Optical Works manufactured optic. I have confidence in their product and I feel very confident with my choices.
So that makes you the snobby kind of poor then?

L.O.W. scopes are decent but are nothing to brag about having.

Sorry but you are coming off sounding like an ass and doubling down every time people try to tell you that a certain company really makes the best trigger of all the ones they tried & you might as well give them a try.

Perhaps you stop being as ass and just admit you are a poor and say, while I've found the consensus is the KIDD triggers are well regarded as the best option for a 10/22 trigger, I'm a poor and want someone to point me in the direction of something "just as good" that is a whole lot cheaper.

For the record, every person on the planet can use Kidd. But, I will use only what I choose.

I’m very shocked at the immaturity in responses to this post. These responses are not consistent with any of my experiences with the Hide.
Oh OK, so you don't want a Kidd?

Dont let em get to ya bro.... they are just.... Kidd ing around.