• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 10 - 40?? Really??

Re: 10 - 40?? Really??

In this case it probably is what it looks like.

Read the very first line of the description: "Long-range accuracy is a critical factor when considering a scope."

See. It's right there, up front: the description itself has no idea what it is talking about.

Oh, I missed that. Well, in that case that changes everything.
laugh.gif

Any optics line that include both red/green light blows,

that is a general statement and rule of thumb,

ergo the osprey blows.

In sweden we call optics of this sort Chinajunk, I thought that US born and raised people ought to be just as careful as we are not to support that country and there products.

Crap sort of sums things up about what that scope is.

Best regards Chris

Well, it's ChiCom and some have complained about the Osprey's breaking. I don't own one, but I've looked through them.

In the audio world we have three divisions of quality
consumer
prosumer
professional

Everything you can buy at retail places that don't also sell $5K microphones is crap.

Audiophile stuff is actually overpriced consumer crap too. It survives on marketing to idiots. Pro's don't waste their time on that pile. Think CounterSniper.

Prosumer is where a professional can get the job done with it in a pinch. It would never be their first choice, and they would rather spend money on pro kit, but they will recommend it to people with no funds or to those learning to use the kit and aren't willing to shell out thousands. They will use cheaper parts with higher failure rates, overly small pcb's, anything to minimize price.
Pro speaks for itself.

I would say this line of scopes is visually low-end of prosumer, given what I looked through, but has turret reports of straight up consumer. The glass was clear enough in being above rubbish, but I was looking through something with like 16x. I would be surprised if this scope looks OK @ high magnification. 40x is not leaving room for sloppiness. Their illumination is halo city, and I can't imagine how bad it looks with the BDC reticle there.

You figure SuperSnipers were originally in the same consumer class in terms of branding and price and then someone saw they had good optics so they private labelled them and clamped down on any QC issues effectively enough that they are a solid prosumer recommendation, despite the original designer/manufacturer being a consumer brand. (I'm not saying the design had issues, just that the reputation now is on of ruggedness, which is atypical)

Even if whoever is making this is using good glass, I wouldn't buy any of their scopes until the reports of bad turrets are specifically addressed, followed by a lack of failure reports. I'd buy a cheap scope like that for my son anyday. If he drops and it breaks somehow, no biggie. If it can't handle big cals, no problem, but I don't want to zero the scope and then never be able to touch it again for fear of it breaking.

Just from the looks of the pic it reminds me of the NcStar line that you see at gun shows.

No-Nonsense Lifetime Warranty from manufacturer...nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MER0828</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just from the looks of the pic it reminds me of the NcStar line that you see at gun shows. </div></div>

Oh no. NCStar is as clear as plastic, like a pair of $20 sunglasses after a sandstorm. The Osprey's are definitely leaps and bounds better than NCStar. When I've looked at them (they are at The Nation's Gun Show), their lower models actually looked clearer than their higher priced ones. Probably KISS in action which is why I highly doubt this one looks good at high mag. The highest mag one I saw from them so far had some pretty harsh fishbowl stuff going on. Made me dizzy trying to focus on stuff.

i bought one of those scopes before doing any research, they were at a gun show asking 350 a scope. i came in on the last day and they said "i dont want to take these home i can do 150" i was tricked into thinking "what a deal". i got home and found out i paid the same amount as they are on ebay.

anyways they are 10-40 but you dont have to worry the 40x you cant see shit on 10 x