• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 Dec Juniper Swamp Match update (PIC's)

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    logo-2.jpg

Sponsored by:
    3440331.jpg

We will be using the following stage prop’s:
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> CornerShot </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> KRISS_Super_V </span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">When:</span> 10 Dec 2011
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Where:</span> Fremont NC
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Cost:</span> $45 you must pre-register by pre-paying for your match slot. We will only have 30 shooters this match. You can pay by CC using out <span style="font-weight: bold">Shopping cart</span> of mailing a MO or check.

<span style="font-weight: bold">COF:</span> This match will have a 5 stages. Each stage will have a story line to support the overall scenario. Each match competitor will rotate between the stages and get to shoot each stage. We will run a bonus rifle stage after these five stages if we have time left in the day.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scenario:</span> You are part of a joint Taskforce 342. Your mission is to conduct a raid on a HVT compound with coordinated fires and assault on the compound to neutralize all adversaries.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 1:</span> Assault force will use the <span style="font-weight: bold">CornerShot</span> weapon system to engage and neutralize all adversaries at the LP/OP found in a guard shack.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 2:</span> Snipers will engage a roving patrol in excess of 300yds that are patrolling a road.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 3:</span> A DDM will engage from a roof top and neutralize an adversary that can sound the compound alarm with a single CNS shot.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 4:</span> a DDM will suppress and eliminate sentry’s posted outside of the compound and then engage follow on forces from their approach route.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Stage 5:</span> Assault force will enter and clear the compound using the <span style="font-weight: bold">KRISS Super V</span> Select Fire sub machinegun on all adversaries inside the compound.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment Needed:</span> <ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]A short action caliber .223, 260, 243, 7-08, .308 and the like [*]A rifle capable of target engagements out to 600yds [*]A sling and rear bag[*] Whatever else you think you will need for a full day match [/list]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Ammunition needed:</span><ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] 75 rifle rounds[*] 50rnds 230grn 45acp <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTORY loaded ONLY</span> brass casings FMJ is fine. [*] 50rnds 180grn 40s&w <span style="font-weight: bold">FACTORY loaded ONLY</span> brass casings FMJ is fine. [/list]

Let me know if you have any questions.
    John

Re: 10 Dec Juniper Swamp Match with cool stage prop's

wow, looks like fun!

taliv,

After shooting yours, we noticed what you did right. (the whole match) and we took some of the ideas from your teams work.

I enjoyed the stages that have a story to them, it makes since. Not that War Sport is partner with Trace Armory Group, and they offer some unique tools to the tactical world we wanted to bring that on board for a match.

John

I'd love to but I just can't drive 10 hrs for a 1 day. Make it two and 150 rounds and would love to
    T

Sweet! I just signed up. Talk about kicking it up a notch. Really looking forward to this match!

If time allows and we bring extra factory ammo, can we shoot more with the special weapons you've arranged for us ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet! I just signed up. Talk about kicking it up a notch. Really looking forward to this match!

If time allows and we bring extra factory ammo, can we shoot more with the special weapons you've arranged for us ? </div></div>

Yes sir.

John

TAG

EDIT: John, PM sent with payment troubles.

I'm in. Payment sent. Looking forward to seeing you, John.

I've been bouncing around with the .mil for 12 years now...I need to find, fix and be a part of one of these for a first go at some point in time.
    frown.gif

BTT

John

Guys,

Sorry I have been out of contact. I got picked up at work for a special project that when you guys come out we can talk about. (can not od it on a open forum)

But to say the least this match is a go and tonight I will send out a e-mail to ll of you about directions and info you need.

I am sorry for being out of contact.

John

Guys,

e-mail was sent, if you did not get it please hit me up.

working nights now SUCKS ASS but I got to do, what I got to do.

start time, 0800 sign in, 0830 first rounds down range.

John

One week out, it looks like we are at 13 shooters right now.

So some slots still left.

John

Are target distances going to be known ? If not, passive means only or are LRF allowed?

Passive for stage 1, known for stage 2.

80yds to 600yds is the range for both stages.

Great question.

John

ok cool! Can you tell us target size(s) now or is that going to be given at the match ? Will we get any kind of prep time or will all of the ranging be on the clock?

Sir,

All info will be given during stage prep time.

See you guys in the am.

Glenn and I just set up the stages, its going ot be a fun time.

We have a unique format this time with the prop guns, the tactical shoot and the last stage, you all will like.

John

I must say that John puts on a good show. He is a great teacher and a wealth of information.

I had a GREAT time and I'm looking forward to attending future events.

A big THANK YOU going out to Glenn for his hospitality and for letting John use his farm for this match.

Those of you that were playing Photog, please post up some pics. I had a camera in my pack but was having such a good time talking to the other shooters and comparing notes that I forgot to break mine out.

I'll see some of you next Saturday @ Woody's

+1 to what Dennis said...

Many thanks to John for taking time from his busy schedule to make his JST matches available to the shooting community at a reasonable price. This match was a fun time, attended by a good group of shooters with wide ranging backgrounds. John provides a great match environment where new shooters can jump in and find a low pressure environment, while more experienced shooters will still find a challenge.

Thanks to Glenn for his hospitality and for providing a nice place to shoot...Thanks to Joel for providing some very interesting "stage props" that made for a rather unconventional Long Range Precision rifle match
    grin.gif
    . It's amazing how fast you can burn through 50 rounds of .45ACP and still keep rounds on target with that little Kriss V
    crazy.gif

Shooters should keep an eye out for future JST matches! Put them on your calender and once you try them I'm sure you will like what John has to offer!!!
    cool.gif

Guys,

Thanks for the good word. Like I always say to everyone. The JST matches is not about the score. Its about learning and executing a task.

No one cares what you score but you. So learning how to perform is key.

will get the scores sent out on Monday. Today I spent some family time with the wife for the first time in 120days.

Got to pull some OT tomorrow, so I will have time to total up the scores and e-mail them out.

John

John and Glenn,

Great time as always. Look forward the the next match.

Todd

I figured this would be a good event, Mr.Boyette always puts on a great event and an awesome class.

Lets see some pictures!!!!

Thanks to John and Glenn for putting this on and hosting the match. This was great and I learned and relearned a lot.

Thanks to Joey for coming out too. That guy is a wealth of information and I really enjoyed the opportunity to see some of these weapons.

Enjoyed meeting everyone. Thanks for making a new shooter feel welcome!

When's the next one ?

I had a great time too. It was my first time to shoot over 300yds, and I got the chance to learn a ton. Thanks John, and Glenn for putting this on, and Joey from WarSport for providing the Kriss Super V, and the Cornershot. Nice getting to chat with the shooters out there.
    Here are some of the photos from the shoot.
    6503050197_ebacc2bc99_z.jpg

6503060731_89a73ef8b4_z.jpg

6503077041_4e9b9591a9_z.jpg

6503088059_5f010a7c97_z.jpg

6503096055_a6ba1b8bc3_z.jpg

Got some more:

388345_212015818877160_100002062309436_494907_800425002_n.jpg

378730_212016845543724_100002062309436_494911_33488656_n.jpg

383852_212017065543702_100002062309436_494914_271652969_n.jpg

383716_212017165543692_100002062309436_494916_1165746641_n.jpg

387573_212021035543305_100002062309436_494926_1349935384_n.jpg