• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 10 min of my son shooting

hoghunter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2010
Texas
Well a proud dad showing the damage my son can reap on pigs.They were shot with a 220 swift on a by-pod,Largest pig on the scale was 215 lbs.
DSC01127.jpg

Re: 10 min of my son shooting

Great to see fathers teaching the youngsters outdoor skills and hunting. Good score for your son btw. Tell him to keep it up!

For the last few years I have been hunting with my best friends son. It has completely changed my outlook on hunting. I am actually having more fun hunting with him than I ever had hunting without kids. So I bet you are a pretty proud dad. Congratulatios,

On a side note. Would you please tell us how you cut your meat. Do you grind alot of it into sausage?? How do you mix your sausage?? And how would you compare it to regualr whole hog sausage?? Thanks, Tom.

Just getting back on line.To answer some of the questions,we just clean the hogs like a deer and keep them covered with ice for 3-5 days until the blood is drawn out of the meat.After we drain the water we will cut the loin,the front shoulders, and rear hams out and cook whole on the pit.the sausage that is made is ground 60-40 deer and pork that we cut of the bone nothing fancy.
The round's we shoot are typical 50 grain Remington from the store,whatever is on sale.