• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10 shots on target, bad guy looses.

So how does Wayne have a stranglehold? Isn't there a method to eject? He's been there since 1991....fancy that!!! 30 years. Pictures...must be pictures that keep him as CE and EVP.

Look at the Gunwerks threads. If you don't want to give to the NRA, that's fine but do not discount the organization that is the loudest voice of gun owners. You're falling for the divide tactics of the left.

A great alternative is the VCDL, Virginia Citizens Defense League. They are doing a lot to fight Governor Northfuck and his Nazi bullshit here in Virginia.

A great alternative is the VCDL, Virginia Citizens Defense League. They are doing a lot to fight Governor Northfuck and his Nazi bullshit here in Virginia.

One can make the argument that the vast majority of progress on 2A issues over the past 25 years has been made by statewide pro-gun organizations, and not the NRA.

Look at the Gunwerks threads. If you don't want to give to the NRA, that's fine but do not discount the organization that is the loudest voice of gun owners. You're falling for the divide tactics of the left.
Sorry I’m not helping make Wayne Lapierre richer now if he along with the rest of those fools want to take a modest salary it might be different. But they want to send me something in the mail every other day begging for money and crying poor mouth and he lives a life of a king.....FUCK THAT!!!

I would argue that they are not the loudest voice. They really haven’t given us any positive outcomes in the last 12 years. There are now better organizations to support than the NRA. The NRA is the cause for some of the anti gun legislation getting passed such as the NFA, GCA, bump stock ban, etc.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Im mot disagreeing that other organizations are doing more amd doing better than the NRA. But when the left statts routinely tslking about one OTHER than the NRA is when I'll say the NRA isn't the loudest voice. Or when any other 2A group's money comes close to the NRA. Look up dollar values. Its that money the left fears.

Again, I don't disagree about the frequent mailings or the cheap China crap giveaways. The NRA is not perfect by a long shot and I will never say they are. But its the NRA and their money that is the loudest voice I as a simple gun owner has.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
You guys keep hating on the NRA on a public forum and it might cause others not to want to renew or new shooters to join. The NRA may not be perfect but we are still 5 million strong. The NRA has strength because of its numbers, keep eroding that and you are playing into the anti-gunners hands. Without the NRA our gun rights would have long ago vanished. So lets try and fix it and support and stop helping those that want to destroy private ownership of guns. Keep weakening the NRA and your kids and grandkids will be stripped of their gun rights and probably be turning in their kitchen knives too just like in England.

Im mot disagreeing that other organizations are doing more amd doing better than the NRA. But when the left statts routinely tslking about one OTHER than the NRA is when I'll say the NRA isn't the loudest voice. Or when any other 2A group's money comes close to the NRA. Look up dollar values. Its that money the left fears.

Again, I don't disagree about the frequent mailings or the cheap China crap giveaways. The NRA is not perfect by a long shot and I will never say they are. But its the NRA and their money that is the loudest voice I as a simple gun owner has.
You guys keep hating on the NRA on a public forum and it might cause others not to want to renew or new shooters to join. The NRA may not be perfect but we are still 5 million strong. The NRA has strength because of its numbers, keep eroding that and you are playing into the anti-gunners hands. Without the NRA our gun rights would have long ago vanished. So lets try and fix it and support and stop helping those that want to destroy private ownership of guns. Keep weakening the NRA and your kids and grandkids will be stripped of their gun rights and probably be turning in their kitchen knives too just like in England.
^^^

Reactions: sandwarrior
I like him and what he did, but fuck the NRA it will be a long time before they get another dime out of me as long as Wayne Lapierre is the head ramrod.
I gotta say, I like the thread and BJ did what he had to. As much as I agree with you about La Pierre, I'm a life member too. I raise my voice a lot and when it came down to a head to head thing with Oliver North, I think a crack got exposed that needs to be exploited.

Me personally, I would like to see a lot more pushing of training. My wife, who is a marketer, looks at the NRA ads and think they've lost their way. Training and competition are the way to build our membership, and inclusion therein of both of those. More reaching out to women and minorities, but not through the scare tactic of always, always, always, gotta kill the bad guy. Treat that side of it like, "Yup, it happened. A fact of life, and moving on now." "In today's news a record number of rifle/pistol/shotgun shooters qualified for the National Championships", is what I want to see.

Does the name Tori Nonaka ring a bell with anyone?
She is the GF of BJ Baldwin, as identified in the Fox News report.
It's a name I had not heard in about 10 years but she was once a Pro Junior shooter for Glock.
From what I remember, she could have handled this one on her own if not for being buried in a smartphone screen.
Awareness is the key. In this case, IMO, if the assailant had been a little more well versed the whole story would be different.

As a competitive high power shooter, I am required to be an NRA member if I want to be recognized for classification at a match (master, high master, etc...), and have scores registered for state and regional matches. As an organization, they do a fairly good job of keeping up with all of the registered and sanctioned matches when you consider all the different types of shooting events that are held across the country. I have been a match director for state and regional f-class matches, and know what the gals go through to get out medals and other awards for these matches.

I think on some levels, they have become like many corporations, top heavy and self serving. If you have a strong state organization, I am more inclined to support them with money and time contributions than I am the NRA on a national level. The NRA is aware of most of the state level organizations, and works with many of them as legislation is proposed that effects individual states.

I belong to an NRA only rifle club - one can't be a member unless one can prove NRA membership. OK..whatever. So I join up to get access to the 600 yard range and at the new member initiation they tell us that when entering the grounds (we are in Illinois) we have to disarm if we are carrying concealed which I always am. I cannot leave my CC pistol in place - I have to unload it and put it in the trunk. No loaded firearms carried to or from the firing line, open or concealed. Every range is posted. Let me get this straight - I took 16 hours of training and put up my fingerprints, paid hundreds (thousands actually) and shot a 30 round proficiency test to get my CCL and I have to put my gun in the trunk when I enter a members only rifle club?

Fudd much?

An NRA only membership and we must disarm at the gate or risk being booted. *THAT'S* fucked up Fudd shit Right There. I can carry concealed (and always do) on the street but at a members only club I paid to join I must disarm myself upon entering the facility. Yeah...that's protecting the 2A and keeping America safe right there. NRA is Fudd City to me.

I'm disgusted.

VooDoo

Last edited:
I belong to an NRA only rifle club - one can't be a member unless one can prove NRA membership. OK..whatever. So I join up to get access to the 600 yard range and at the new member initiation they tell us that when entering the grounds (we are in Illinois) we have to disarm if we are carrying concealed which I always am. I cannot leave my CC pistol in place - I have to unload it and put it in the trunk. No loaded firearms carried to or from the firing line, open or concealed. Every range is posted. Let me get this straight - I took 16 hours of training and put up my fingerprints, paid hundreds (thousands actually) and shot a 30 round proficiency test to get my CCL and I have to put my gun in the trunk when I enter a members only rifle club?

Fudd much?

An NRA only membership and we must disarm at the gate or risk being booted. *THAT'S* fucked up Fudd shit Right There. I can carry concealed (and always do) on the street but at a members only club I paid to join I must disarm myself upon entering the facility. Yeah...that's protecting the 2A and keeping America safe right there. NRA is Fudd City to me.

I'm disgusted.

VooDoo
I totally get your frustration. But, that is not an NRA thing, that is your club's thing. It is not just your clubs thing though, by itself. Others are doing it too.

We had an issue for a while with some members pushing this no loaded guns off the firing line. It started during a range event that one person (member?) came out carrying...a rifle. His reasoning was because it was slung it was safe. Well, when working on the range, it's much better you stack the rifle, not sling it. Every time he bent down to do something, he swept everyone. When he carried at a 45 deg. behind his back he was sweeping everybody's legs when he got close. One idiot board member agrees that that is legal carry, but see's he's being dangerous and motions to stop all carry on the range. Arguments go back and forth, and unloaded carry is approved. A couple months go by and more and more members are getting fed up with it and we converge at the next club meeting (preempted by one of our own, who was a Board member at the Board meeting). Our proposal to the meeting was that when carrying, it is imperative that you have it loaded, or it's not effective. Some people really have to carry for their life, not just in case something happened. So, when carrying, you have to carry in such a manner as to not endanger others. Open carry was restored on the range as long as loaded pistols remained holstered behind the firing line. And, while we agreed that slinging a rifle was legal carry, the trigger was exposed. And the propensity was too great to sweep someone during activities. No more open carry of loaded rifles off the firing line.

This is part of what I was talking about in my first post about increasing education. With education we know to carry safely, concealed or open. It was pretty frustrating watching all the new conceal/carry students showing up who didn't know the basics of how to handle a gun. I started trying to teach people to do this. The people teaching CC liked it because then they had happy students passing classes and not getting yelled at. Eventually, the mentality set in that if they were going to a "class", they might as well get their CC. And, a bunch of them failed their first go-round. Along with being pissed at getting yelled at for not handling a gun safely.

The point to all this is, look at where the rules are coming from. Get a plan of action together and as many members as you can, and address it at the board meeting. And, while I like many of you, have issues with the top leadership of the NRA, it is still a functioning body that is helping to preserve our rights...and keep Wayne LaPierre well dressed. 😜 {sarcasm}

Last edited:
I totally get your frustration. But, that is not an NRA thing, that is your club's thing. It is not just your clubs thing though, by itself. Others are doing it too.

We had an issue for a while with some members pushing this no loaded guns off the firing line. It started during a range event that one person (member?) came out carrying...a rifle. His reasoning was because it was slung it was safe. Well, when working on the range, it's much better you stack the rifle, not sling it. Every time he bent down to do something, he swept everyone. When he carried at a 45 deg. behind his back he was sweeping everybody's legs when he got close. One idiot board member agrees that that is legal carry, but see's he's being dangerous and motions to stop all carry on the range. Arguments go back and forth, and unloaded carry is approved. A couple months go by and more and more members are getting fed up with it and we converge at the next club meeting (preempted by one of our own, who was a Board member at the Board meeting). Our proposal to the meeting was that when carrying, it is imperative that you have it loaded, or it's not effective. Some people really have to carry for their life, not just in case something happened. So, when carrying, you have to carry in such a manner as to not endanger others. Open carry was restored on the range as long as loaded pistols remained holstered behind the firing line. And, while we agreed that slinging a rifle was legal carry, the trigger was exposed. And the propensity was too great to sweep someone during activities. No more open carry of loaded rifles off the firing line.

This is part of what I was talking about in my first post about increasing education. With education we know to carry safely, concealed or open. It was pretty frustrating watching all the new conceal/carry students showing up who didn't know the basics of how to handle a gun. I started trying to teach people to do this. The people teaching CC liked it because then they had happy students passing classes and not getting yelled at. Eventually, the mentality set in that if they were going to a "class", they might as well get their CC. And, a bunch of them failed their first go-round. Along with being pissed at getting yelled at for not handling a gun safely.

The point to all this is, look at where the rules are coming from. Get a plan of action together and as many members as you can, and address it at the board meeting. And, while I like many of you, have issues with the top leadership of the NRA, it is still a functioning body that is helping to preserve our rights...and keep Wayne LaPierre well dressed. 😜

"But, that is not an NRA thing, that is your club's thing. It is not just your clubs thing though, by itself. Others are doing it too."

Mine has the same rule. In order to join you must be an NRA member.

Where's Charlton when we need him?

1590587675402.png

"But, that is not an NRA thing, that is your club's thing. It is not just your clubs thing though, by itself. Others are doing it too."

Mine has the same rule. In order to join you must be an NRA member.

Where's Charlton when we need him?

View attachment 7337138
I'm talking about the "Nervous Nelly" syndrome of not letting people carry safely on the range.

I feel that if I can walk down the street concealed (and I do) being asked to disarm of a gun *no one even knows I have!* because it is concealed and properly holstered is Fudd beyond reason. If I'm drawing it and shooting? That's different and we have walled ranges for that. But just shooting on the 300 yard range with my CCL carried concealed?

Who on earth made that rule up? At an NRA *ONLY* club a licensed concealed carry member is thought to be incompetent? If I suck boot me. But don't disarm me in an NRA only club - my understanding is that this rule stems from liability insurance purchased thru the NRA. The NRA doesn't want it's member carrying concealed at our own club so apparently they tell the officers that no signs prohibiting concealed carry = no NRA Insurance.

That's a boner right there. If the NRA and my club don't think I'm competent with 16 hours of training and proficiency verification it's no wonder people who are not gunners are fucking terrified. That's bad JuJu.

VooDoo

Reactions: Steel+Killer
I feel that if I can walk down the street concealed (and I do) being asked to disarm of a gun *no one even knows I have!* because it is concealed and properly holstered is Fudd beyond reason. If I'm drawing it and shooting? That's different and we have walled ranges for that. But just shooting on the 300 yard range with my CCL carried concealed?

Who on earth made that rule up? At an NRA *ONLY* club a licensed concealed carry member is thought to be incompetent? If I suck boot me. But don't disarm me in an NRA only club - my understanding is that this rule stems from liability insurance purchased thru the NRA. The NRA doesn't want it's member carrying concealed at our own club so apparently they tell the officers that no signs prohibiting concealed carry = no NRA Insurance.

That's a boner right there. If the NRA and my club don't think I'm competent with 16 hours of training and proficiency verification it's no wonder people who are not gunners are fucking terrified. That's bad JuJu.

VooDoo
That's what you have to find out. Who in your club pushes that shit. Again, that is not an NRA thing. Or, you could do like the members of our club and conceal anyways. Per my post above, it never hurts to get a coalition together to stop that kind of shit.

Remember too, that is a club RULE, not a LAW. The worst that could happen is you no longer be a member there. But, you won't break any laws.

Police Officer: Can I have your name sir?

Baldwin: Yes, the name is BJ "Miculek" Baldwin.

• Haha
Dude has huge balls to make that video. Especially if it was recent. Obama went back to video and documents from the start of Gulf 2 to try to fry a bunch of CIA guys doing their jobs. What will the next annointed one think when they see this? I know this thinking flys in the face of most here, but I wouldn't put myself oir there publicly.

Glad he and his GF came through this OK but it reinforces the message that nothing good happens after midnight.

Fudd much?

I'm disgusted.

VooDoo

First of all, it’s probably something with their fucked up insurance in your fucked up ass state that requires them to not allow CCW.

Second, 16 hours of training and 30 rounds on a static paper target DOES NOT prepare you for a high stress scenario like a gun fight. That “training” (if you can even call it that) is a bunch of bullshit. CCW classes are nothing but some bafoon who more often than not has zero clue what the fuck they’re talking about babbling for an amount of time mandated by the state.

Lastly, concealed means concealed and you can easily make the choice to ignore that fucking bullshit. Just know that it’s their property and their rules and if you get caught breaking them you’ll most likely be asked to leave and not permitted back. That’s a risk I’ll gladly take every time. But if you’re proning out, it would be responsible to conceal in a bag or elsewhere other than you’re body so you’re not muzzle sweeping people behind you.

First of all, it’s probably something with their fucked up insurance in your fucked up ass state that requires them to not allow CCW.

Second, 16 hours of training and 30 rounds on a static paper target DOES NOT prepare you for a high stress scenario like a gun fight. That “training” (if you can even call it that) is a bunch of bullshit. CCW classes are nothing but some bafoon who more often than not has zero clue what the fuck they’re talking about babbling for an amount of time mandated by the state.

Lastly, concealed means concealed and you can easily make the choice to ignore that fucking bullshit. Just know that it’s their property and their rules and if you get caught breaking them you’ll most likely be asked to leave and not permitted back. That’s a risk I’ll gladly take every time. But if you’re proning out, it would be responsible to conceal in a bag or elsewhere other than you’re body so you’re not muzzle sweeping people behind you.

Nope. Yer clueless. The club adopted the rule because the NRA told them that if they allowed CCL on the grounds their insurance would be revoked.

The NRA does not support CCL in my State. They can fuck off and die. So can you!

vooDoo

Last edited:
Nope. Yer clueless. The club adopted the rule because the NRA told them that if they allowed CCL on the grounds their insurance would be revoked.

The NRA does not support CCL in my State. They can fuck off and die. So can you!

vooDoo

Except there’s no way that their insurance policy is with the NRA. NRA isn’t an insurance company therefor doesn’t do commercial/professional liability insurance policies like a business like that has to carry.

If you think the NRA is your enemy then you’re a moron, and that’s becoming pretty clear.