• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

100 Yard course of fire

brickbd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2009
Twin Cities, Mn
I need some classic Snipers Hide assistance. I have searched for this specific topic but I have not found what I am looking for. I know there are some ex-military, LEO and even lovers of the .308 rifle that have a lot more time on a long rife than myself. I’m looking for courses of fire that you may have sitting around on a disc that you can e-mail me.
Basically you have 100 yard to do whatever you want. You get to the range confirm a zero and then:

1. You <span style="font-weight: bold">only</span> have 60 rounds to shoot that day.
2. You <span style="font-weight: bold">only</span> have 100 yards and yes you can move up as much as you want.

******Before everyone start in on me, I am just looking for ideas because I know some of you have some good ones.

Re: 100 Yard course of fire

50 shot NMC reduded to 100 yards, Thats 50 shots plus 8 sighters. Thats pretty close to 60 shots, and about the best way to learn to shoot a rifle.

2 Sighters 10 Shots standing in 10 min.
2 Sighters Setting, then 10 shots Standing to setting in 60 Sec. with a mag. load.
2 Sighters Prone. Then 10 shots standing to prone, 70 seconds, with a relaod.
2 sighters, prone slow fire, then 20 shots for record in 20 min.

There is your 60 (58) round 100 yard rifle course.

Gunny Hathcock started out shooting high power, it works.

Re: 100 Yard course of fire

100 yard zero, use an ipsc or piece of long cardboard make your point of aim at the bottom of the target and then fire three shot groups using the same point of aim (POA) each time. Add elevation for 100yd, 200yd, 300yd, etc after every three shots. You can go all the way out to about 800 and actually see on paper how much elevation you are adding between yard lines. Measure the distance between your point of aim and the 100, POA to the 200, POA to the 300 etc. write those down in your log book. If you go to a place that only has a 100 yd range you can dial in your dope for all distances and measure from POA to impact and get an idea of where you would be at distance.