• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

100 yard KYL Target

FormerFarmer

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
NE Wisconsin
I was looking for a KYL target for 100 yards and wasn't finding what I liked. I wanted targets from 4" down to 1/2" in 1/2" increments. I happened to find one on AA Targets website. The website is under construction, so I contacted them for more information and Austin Angus, owner of AA Targets responded with a couple of different options that he has. I decided to go with the Rimfire MOD rack as it can be configured in many different ways. Austin's description "It has the ability to be configured as a kyl rack as well as a stand for animals, yarhets, ipsc, etc." I thought what a great idea. That way if I want to change targets, it is very quick and easy to do.

These are the drawings that Austin sent me for the MOD rack.

20191129_232539.jpg20191129_232510.jpg

Austin has been very busy lately. A whirlwind as he put it. They had a new addition to their family, repairs on their cnc equipment, etc.

I received the KYL the other day and decided to post this thread because of the excellent service that I received from Austin at AA Targets.

This is the target as received from AA Targets. The hangers and targets are made from 1/4" AR550 and the frame is from I believe mild steel. The frame came painted as shown below.

IMG_20201126_110350_2mp.jpg IMG_20201126_110155_2mp.jpg IMG_20201126_110122_2mp.jpg

I decided to paint hangars and targets.

IMG_20201127_113039_2mp.jpg

This is a picture of some of my targets. The targets in the foreground are 85 yards from my shooting benches behind our house. The targets on the backside of the pond are 150 yards from the benches.
IMG_20201127_113111_2mp.jpg

Now it looks like I'm going to have to add to my sand backstop by the pond. This is part of the reason I wanted the flexibility to change targets, to conserve space down by the pond.

I cannot say enough good things about my dealings with Austin at AA Targets and hope that you may consider them for any future needs.

It is interesting to see you requested this. I've asked the same thing from a few KYL makers - namely 1/2 increments for the training I want to do, to get a more compact (and I think ultimately more useful) KYL setup that is a lot easier to move around.

Looks very nice. Thanks for the review 👍

It is interesting to see you requested this. I've asked the same thing from a few KYL makers - namely 1/2 increments for the training I want to do, to get a more compact (and I think ultimately more useful) KYL setup that is a lot easier to move around.

You mention about easy to move around. I got to thinking what would we have to be able to transport it easily. We all have old gun cases.

IMG_20201128_120339.jpg IMG_20201128_120539.jpg

The top rail is the MOD XL rail. It is 48.5" long. The legs are 36" long. The weight of everything is around 12 lbs.

It took less than 2 minutes to tear it down and put it in the gun case. I think that setup would easily be less than 5 minutes.

Reactions: 308pirate