• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 1000.00 night vision

hino895

Private
Minuteman
I have a customer that wants me to set up the rifle that I’m building for him with a beginner night vision optic.
His budget is 1000.00 or so.
The only experience I have with night vision is the sightmark wraith.
He’s wanting to hunt hogs and coyotes with it.
You all help me out....

Reactions: everready073
+1 for the wraith. I haven’t used the newer one yet though. I’m sure it’s better than the previous.
With any digital NV, having a good IR light is a must so make sure he’s factoring that into the budget.

I know I'll catch some flak but there's literally nothing wrong with a ATN X-Sight 4K HD if you have a decent zoomable IR illum. Easily hit stuff to 200-300 yards depending on conditions. You do need proper rings (the ones that they provide are absolute junk and won't hold zero). I sold my Pulsar which had wandering zero and was able to purchase a decent thermal scanner and the X-Sight 4K and still have lots of funds left and it's a way better system especially with the integrated ballistic calculator and the integrated pitch and level indicator.

I know I'll catch some flak but there's literally nothing wrong with a ATN X-Sight 4K HD if you have a decent zoomable IR illum. Easily hit stuff to 200-300 yards depending on conditions. You do need proper rings (the ones that they provide are absolute junk and won't hold zero). I sold my Pulsar which had wandering zero and was able to purchase a decent thermal scanner and the X-Sight 4K and still have lots of funds left and it's a way better system especially with the integrated ballistic calculator and the integrated pitch and level indicator.

my buddy hunted with a 4K pro before going thermal and he didn’t have any issues. Ran it with a coyote cannon I believe

I have the new Wraith (thanks @gr8fuldoug !) and I like it. The image is great, and the one shot zero works well. The included IR illuminator works well out to the 300 yds that I have to cover around the farm. There are a few little bugs in the software, but they don't affect the operation of it. I do wish the reticle didn't act like a second focal plane. But for the money I like the whole package.

Oh forgot to mention. The ATN X-Sight 4K actually has a mildot FFP reticle. That's the reason I went with it. I disliked that the Pulsar had SFP (although it did have FFP in PiP mode but I never could get used to it)

my buddy hunted with a 4K pro before going thermal and he didn’t have any issues. Ran it with a coyote cannon I believe
Same here except the coyote cannon was a bit overkill but I use a zoomable lenses IR850 18650 torch and it works great. Will probably get a dedicated 640 thermal at some point next year, maybe a Thermion or something similar.

Same here except the coyote cannon was a bit overkill but I use a zoomable lenses IR850 18650 torch and it works great. Will probably get a dedicated 640 thermal at some point next year, maybe a Thermion or something similar.

It’s a night and day difference. He switched to a thermion xp50 also couldn’t believe the stuff he was missing. But it’s also 6x the cost so it’s all relative

Reactions: st1650