• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$1000 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
Looking for a ~$1k 6.5 Creedmoor target rifle -

Looking for a threaded barrel to attach an AAC SDN6 that I already own; provided I can even use the SDN6 with 6.5 Creed.

What options do I have?

The more popular budget options I've seen are
-Begara HMR
-Howa barreled action plus chassis (Oryx for example)
-Remington 700 PCR
-Ruger Precision rifle on sale
-Savage model 10 precision

All are supposed to be sub moa from the factory

Is there anything that really pushes a lot of benefits at the $1200-1500 price point that a $1000 option won't?

I went with a Tikka T3X CTR. Sub moa with American Gunner ammo (~.80 / rd) haven't tried it with match ammo yet since the cheap stuff has been pretty good.

20 or 24'' version of the CTR? I'd think that with a can on it 24'' would start to get pretty long..

If you are going to creep up on your price range, save a little more and get a BadRock South Fork. MDT chassis and defiance machine action for $2000. Just about the best PRS production gun on the market.

Bergara HMR 6.5, mine has shot out to 1260yards no problem with Am gunner 140 BTHP and SWFA 5-20x50

And if you are so inclined you can upgrade with a KRG chassis later though this is not essential by an means.

Cant go wrong with a Bergara!

Reactions: BisSilent
Cabelas in Acworth, GA has a bunch of Howa heavy barrel rifles on clearance and a few were 6.5 Creedmor. Not inventoried online. Various camo flavors.

I'm holding myself back from buying a 270 because literally that's the only rifle ammo in stock anywhere... and it's a great cartridge. And I don't know why I don't have one already.

Only thing holding me back on the Bergara was a post on here from 2017 from Terry on the Bergara's coming apart. Has this since been fixed?

Also, if you look you can find Bergara HMR Pros with their Premier action (which is nice) for $1299-ish. I have one. I paid much less used (3 rounds through it) but the store said they'd sell me a new one for $1299 if I wanted to order a 6mm as well (which I was talking about with the guy).

Only thing holding me back on the Bergara was a post on here from 2017 from Terry on the Bergara's coming apart. Has this since been fixed?

1: Scope base coming loose. Their base design is terrible. This is on all models including the LRP Elite.
How is the design any different than any Remington? My scope base is installed with the same amount of screws any others is, torqued, loc-tited, and I have Seekins base with a recoil lug machined in (which isn't necessary for my point). It's not going anywhere. And isn't it the responsibility of the rifle's owner to, you know, check these things?

2: Stock bolts coming loose. Especially on the HMR models. Cheek rest hardware on the HMRs is terrible also.
It's a Rem 700 footprint action. If Bergara's are magically coming loose, then every Rem 700 in this type of stock will, too. Again, people who need to buy themselves a torque wrench and maintain their weapon.

3: More issues than acceptable with ejection.
Mine ejects even dummy rounds across a damn room.

Reactions: BisSilent