• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$1000 for a spotting scope

marc308

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2010
Southington, CT
If you had a grand to spend, which spotting scope would you get. I usually buy once, cry once but I didn't listen to my own advise and i'm tired of looking for bullet holes with my POS Redfield spotting scope. Its like swimming under water with your eyes open!

Having said I only want to buy one more time, lets bring the budget to $1000-$1500!

Re: $1000 for a spotting scope

I'm probably going to go with the Vortex Viper HD. The one I saw looked pretty nice for the money. If you want to spend more money the look at the Razor.

I would go for the one I am going to order soon, USOptics, may be a tad above $1K, but has great eye relief and USO built like a tank construction and can be had with a variety of reticles...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 707electrician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kowa with a LER eyepiece </div></div>

This...

I have owned a vortex razor hd and it is great if you don't need a reticle. If you need a reticle I would go with the Leupold mark 4 with the TMR reticle. Glass is not quite as good as the vortex but it is smaller and more versatile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Here2Learn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have owned a vortex razor hd and it is great if you don't need a reticle. If you need a reticle I would go with the Leupold mark 4 with the TMR reticle. Glass is not quite as good as the vortex but it is smaller and more versatile. </div></div>

The Razor HD is available with a reticle, mil and moa.

When I purchased my spotting scope I was well informed based on this article.
I have not regretted the decision I have made and am glad I found this article.
You should read it, maybe it well help you too. It is specifically written for target shooters and at what distances you can spot bullet holes goes from 100 yds to 1000 yds. You will find your anwer here.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/spotting-scopes-for-target-shooting.html

I don't think the razor spotting scope has reticle options. Only the razor rifle scope does. Later this year they plan to release an eye piece ($234.00) that will have a ranging reticle both MOA and Mils

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aussie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think the razor spotting scope has reticle options. Only the razor rifle scope does. Later this year they plan to release an eye piece ($234.00) that will have a ranging reticle both MOA and Mils </div></div>

You can get it with a MIL or MOA reticle.
A guy I shoot with has had one for almost a year.

Swarovski CT75 20x60 Zoom Eyepiece, lightweight and easy to use