• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000+ rnds without Cleaning GAP-10

Docmedic

3Gun Refugee
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Fort Carson, CO
I love this Rifle. So when I first got this rifle back in Jan, without putting a round through it all i did was just grease the snot out of the BCG and Bolt, and layed a thin layer of CLP through the barrel. I have zeroed 4 different scopes on this rifle at 100+ rnd sessions. This thing has been through one major 3gun match. (200+)rnds, and several Tactical rifle matches (200+ rnds x 3). Yesterday while confirming my 300yard zero and getting a little positional practice on my Vortex Spitfire 1x prism. At round 38 I experience my first FTE, the extractor ripped the casing lip and the brass was stuck inside the barrel.(Tight chamber due to being dirty) Went downrange to check my target each 5round group (total of 4 complete) where 3/4 MOA or better, with the 2rnd 5th group touching each other.

I am pretty damn happy about this purchase: D.

Ammo used 155gr sierras HPBT driving at 2650fps.

I love this Rifle. So when I first got this rifle back in Jan, without putting a round through it all i did was just grease the snot out of the BCG and Bolt, and layed a thin layer of CLP through the barrel. I have zeroed 4 different scopes on this rifle at 100+ rnd sessions. This thing has been through one major 3gun match. (200+)rnds, and several Tactical rifle matches (200+ rnds x 3). Yesterday while confirming my 300yard zero and getting a little positional practice on my Vortex Spitfire 1x prism. At round 38 I experience my first FTE, the extractor ripped the casing lip and the brass was stuck inside the barrel.(Tight chamber due to being dirty) Went downrange to check my target each 5round group (total of 4 complete) where 3/4 MOA or better, with the 2rnd 5th group touching each other.

I am pretty damn happy about this purchase: D.

Ammo used 155gr sierras HPBT driving at 2650fps.

If you keep the bolt (rings) wet it will run. The CLP in the bbl isn't really doing anything. Once you pull the trigger it's gone. Recently went to Colt Armorers School. Instr had an AR at his PD that was @ 13K rnds with no cleaning other than adding a few drops of oil to bolt gas ports to keep rings wet.

I've started to not clean my barrels unless they stop shooting well. I'm finding a seasoned bbl is much more consistent/accurate. I still clean the chamber (especially on a gas gun) and the action, but stopped putting anything down my bbl after break-in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a medium grade gun grease on anything that metal would run over metal so the bolt rings stayed well lubricated even though I never added oil at any time after the intial. When I pulled the gun apart the grease was thick, nasty and full of carbon but still function well enough keeping the bolt and bcg lubed. Nice thing about using grease instead of oil is that there was not burnt carbon built up into the bcg, so one wipe and the BCG looked new again.