• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 1000 yard group

Re: 1000 yard group

Nice shootin. Gonna need some load info/rifle specs. What ktm is that?

Was actually me shooting with my gun (ptaylor and I were shooting on Saturday in TX Hill Country). Bought the gun from CANAVAR here on the Hide. Specs: Clay Spencer Rem 700 300 WSM built on long action, 28" Hart 1:l0 barrel; 30 cal SAS SS Can (bought here); 5.5-22-56 NF (bought here). Will post some pics if I can figure out how. Fun stuff.
smile.gif

Probably no more than 5-10mph breeze left to right from time to time. First three shots were all together with zero wind then it picked up a bit and carried the last two shots (didn't hold off quite enough). It was 95 degrees so the mirage was pretty heavy and gave good indication of the wind. Very addictive once you start getting decent results like this...

1000 yards grouping? That's damn good my friend.

the bike is a 300 exc. conditions were nearly perfect. shot several groups that were just as good. It was one of those days when everything worked really well: rifle, optics, ammo, shooter.

Thanks, gents. Not too bad for a relative rookie to this forum (but not to shooting), I guess. Keeps you going back for more.

Wow, you sure are a badass. Wish you would come out to my place and show me how to shoot.

when do we get to see pics of the rifle?

That looks like "world class" shooting type results!!

Hate to be the bad guy but did you photoshop that pic?? Cause when I click on it and look at the enlarged photo it looks a little fishy! Never seen bullet splatter on steel with rounded edges and a perfect edge between the two colors. I'm just throwing that out there!

Alphabet,
You’re not being a bad Guy, a guy showing some ignorance, yes. For starters, your first comment here is cutting down/ calling out a current member. WTF. Are you 15, quit being such a FNG!

By the way, unless you have SHOT this guys same load and at the same KD, on the same steel, have the same layers and colors of paint on said steel , I'd shut the Fock up!
Let this be you first heads up about being a tool. Otherwise you will get trashed here by others and labeled as a Vage! (Is Vage’ supposed to be hyphenated?)

To me this looks completely legit!

Those would be all X-ring on a palma target - sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dlklamfo
Private First Class

</div></div>

1st post and you are questioning someone's honor - I have to take it that he shot those because I have shot a similiar group at Ft Lewis in teh 1000 yard league, 14 of those in a tight group like that and the other 6 within 18" of those.

I gotta say, this is a freaking good group. Nice shooting bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those would be all X-ring on a palma target - sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
dlklamfo
Private First Class

</div></div>

1st post and you are questioning someone's honor - I have to take it that he shot those because I have shot a similiar group at Ft Lewis in teh 1000 yard league, 14 of those in a tight group like that and the other 6 within 18" of those. </div></div>

My first question for you is did you look at picture close after clicking on it to get a larger view? I am not denying that groups like the one pictured "can" be shot at 1000 yards. What I am questioning are the shots shown real? Take a close look at the bullet craters? Anyone ever had light gray inside them with such sharply defined lines that looked like these? Look closely at the impact crater on the far left. How do you have pitch black lead splater at the edge and then orange paint inside of this?

Secondly, Sir, I would caution you as to judging someone by the amount of "posts" someone has beside their name! The number of posts has nothing to do with ones knowledge or skills!

does everyone get so touchy just because someone raises a question the pic does look a little fishy i know i know i too have only posted a couple of times but does that mean we are not allowed to ask questions i thought thats what a forum is for

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phearkno1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Secondly, Sir, I would caution you as to judging someone by the amount of "posts" someone has beside their name! The number of posts has nothing to do with ones knowledge or skills! </div></div>

Number of posts don't mean shit, but to pop up for your first post basically calling out someone as a liar is pretty crappy form. I would caution you to a)not caution people and b)STFU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does everyone get so touchy just because someone raises a question the pic does look a little fishy i know i know i too have only posted a couple of times but does that mean we are not allowed to ask questions i thought thats what a forum is for </div></div>

Asking questions and questioning are two different things.

Looks like a nice day on steel to me ptaylor!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]
</div></div>

Thanks for the photos and looks like some great shooting!! The first image is exactly what splatter should look like!!! Now why the difference between your photo and the one I'm questioning?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phearkno1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]
</div></div>

Thanks for the photos and looks like some great shooting!! The first image is exactly what splatter should look like!!! Now why the difference between your photo and the one I'm questioning? </div></div>

My point was not to question the man's honor. I was just showing that groups even smaller than his are no big deal at 1000 and certainly not worth calling a man a liar in my book. I shot all of those with a stock TRG during load development (not one of my benchrest guns)...so am I lying??? The steel was 5 shots in a row without missing...now will you say I missed? A lot of other pasters on some of those targets...did I paste the bad shots and then take the photo??? They are all from 1000 yards (actually 1014 since I am too lazy to move the targets forward after bush-hoggin last year)...did I shoot them at 100 yards??? <-----all rhetorical questions.

I don't know the guy, don't care doesn't matter to me. If he is dishonest it is his problem and not mine. If he is honest, it is his badge and not mine. I just don't see why any of you would care enough (or think it is your place) to call him out. Wouldn't you be better off spending your time honing your own skills?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phearkno1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]
</div></div>

Thanks for the photos and looks like some great shooting!! The first image is exactly what splatter should look like!!! Now why the difference between your photo and the one I'm questioning? </div></div>

My point was not to question the man's honor. I was just showing that groups even smaller than his are no big deal at 1000 and certainly not worth calling a man a liar in my book. I shot all of those with a stock TRG during load development (not one of my benchrest guns)...so am I lying??? The steel was 5 shots in a row without missing...now will you say I missed? A lot of other pasters on some of those targets...did I paste the bad shots and then take the photo??? They are all from 1000 yards (actually 1014 since I am too lazy to move the targets forward after bush-hoggin last year)...did I shoot them at 100 yards??? <-----all rhetorical questions.

I don't know the guy, don't care doesn't matter to me. If he is dishonest it is his problem and not mine. If he is honest, it is his badge and not mine. I just don't see why any of you would care enough (or think it is your place) to call him out. Wouldn't you be better off spending your time honing your own skills? </div></div>

Never once did I question the size of the group. All I questioned was that it looked photoshoped. Yes we must take peoples word as the truth because it is the internet. But when I see bullet holes that dont look real I have a problem with it. And yes I do think that his dishonesty is a problem of yours and a problem of mine and a problem for this site. Being members of this site you and I should want nothing but the truth on here. If you turn a blind eye on a dishonest photo or a post misinforming people then you are allowing the intergrity of this site be lowered to the point where we might as well argue whether a dragon vs a unicorn in a fight would win!!!!!

I discovered this site from a friend who said it was a great place to get information! Well if you cant tell the difference between real and fake was he wrong? So far only two people have bothered to open their eyes and look at a picture (one person actually took the time to photoshop it and prove my point, did you click on that link?)! What if I post a thread and get info on a reload that is way over pressure (i know thats my own risk) but are you going to bother to question it or just take it as the gospel?????

I hesitate to even respond as this crap doesn't merit acknowledgment, but to set the record straight the shots are real and the picture is authentic. Not sure what else to say. We'll be sure to post some more next time out (hopefully as good, but we'll see).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phearkno1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phearkno1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StrategicEdge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]
</div></div>

I don't know the guy, don't care doesn't matter to me. If he is dishonest it is his problem and not mine. If he is honest, it is his badge and not mine. I just don't see why any of you would care enough (or think it is your place) to call him out. Wouldn't you be better off spending your time honing your own skills? </div></div>

Never once did I question the size of the group. All I questioned was that it looked photoshoped. Yes we must take peoples word as the truth because it is the internet. But when I see bullet holes that dont look real I have a problem with it. And yes I do think that his dishonesty is a problem of yours and a problem of mine and a problem for this site. Being members of this site you and I should want nothing but the truth on here. If you turn a blind eye on a dishonest photo or a post misinforming people then you are allowing the intergrity of this site be lowered to the point where we might as well argue whether a dragon vs a unicorn in a fight would win!!!!!

I discovered this site from a friend who said it was a great place to get information! Well if you cant tell the difference between real and fake was he wrong? So far only two people have bothered to open their eyes and look at a picture (one person actually took the time to photoshop it and prove my point, did you click on that link?)! What if I post a thread and get info on a reload that is way over pressure (i know thats my own risk) but are you going to bother to question it or just take it as the gospel????? </div></div>

Turbo, we covered this yesterday in the Shoutbox, yet still you persist.

So I will REPEAT for you what I told you yesterday in the 'Box.

I had no reason to ? whether this target was legit. It looked legit to me at first glance.

Nonetheless to answer your 'question' I looked at the target at 1600 percent zoom in Photoshop.

Your claim that the impacts look 'artificial' is so totally bogus that its laughable. Its VERY apparent when you zoom in and look at the RGB numbers surrounding the POI's that those impacts were caused by REAL bullet's hitting a real target. You can see variations in the gray patches (bullet splash) that can't be anything OTHER THAN man made. It's not a computer manipulation. You can even see where the impact craters are not uniform (like you would expect to see in the real world).

The target is legit, end of story.

well im glad they are a few people on this site that will look into something for u without having the mall ninjas bash you..thanks for taking your time and AWESOME SHOOTING DUDE

but if we are ever to find out the truth we will have to bring C.S.I in but instead of the guy that posted it coming and clarifying this issue u have a 1000 experts who just sit behind the computer just waiting on the moment they get to bash a newb because they have 300 post that makes them and expert on everything didnt know u could get your phd from the snipers hide post on my forum brothers

Don't worry mister mall ninja master! I concede to your skills of photoshop forensics! You are the master of all colors, pixels, and zoom manuvers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but if we are ever to find out the truth we will have to bring C.S.I in but instead of the guy that posted it coming and clarifying this issue u have a 1000 experts who just sit behind the computer just waiting on the moment they get to bash a newb because they have 300 post that makes them and expert on everything didnt know u could get your phd from the snipers hide post on my forum brothers </div></div>

Punctuation?

dcal: good shooting!