• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 Yard IBS Nationals

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
I know this isn't a tactical competeition, but I was just wondering if any Hiders' would be attending the 1000 Yard IBS Nationals at GRRC in Harris, MN this September?
I've been considering it just to gain the experience and get to talk to some of the best shooters in the world, plus its going to be about 30 miles from my house
wink.gif

Steve

Re: 1000 Yard IBS Nationals

Steve,

IBS 1000 yard shoots are a great learning experience for you.
You learn alot about wind...when to shoot and when not to. I think it's a great sport for the precision shooter or shooters who want to be better tactical shooters starting from scratch. The reloading aspect alone and knowledge you will learn from some top notch shooters will be more than worth the cost to show up and shoot. If your ever in Ohio, check us out. I hope to make it out there to the Nationals this year.

Tom Sarver
Current IBS 1000 yard World Record Holder.
Thunder Valley Precision

Tom,

Thanks for the advice, I think i'll attend a couple of the 1K matches out there this summer to gain a little knowledge on what actually goes on at these matches, I will probably attend the nationals as well just for the added experience.
I don't generally shoot competitions, I hunt more than anything but I have a range right at home that I can get out to a little over 1100yds on, I shoot in a local 100-500yd match that takes place every three weeks, theres' usually around 20-30 people shooting in this little competition, and I was lucky enough to pull off a 1st place win last sunday (and I thought I was doing good
wink.gif
) But to be addressed by a shooter of your caliber is truly an honor.
I hope to see you at the match this september,

Steve

Steve,

If you ever need any help or advice about shooting or reloading please don't hesitate to call on me. I will be glad to help out. Good luck, and I hope to be there this year.

Tom
TVP

I might just take you up on that offer, i'm always trying to improve.

I might just have to come out to Ohio and check out your setup, i've thought about archery whitetail hunting out there, could kill two birds with one stone and make it a scouting and shooting trip...
confused.gif

Steve

Steve,
Like to extend a invatation to you to come to Iowa and attend one or all of our 1,000 yd IBS matches. The nationals were here in 2009. You can check the web site Iowa 1,000yd benchrest.Like you I would like to get to Ohio I have checked the Ohio web site and it looks like it has a lot to offer much more than the range here. Does the range in MN have a web site?
Good Shooting

Thanks for the invite gunny, I don't think i'll be able to make it out this year because of work, but I just might be able to sneak away for some fun next year
wink.gif

this is the website for GRRC http://www.grrc.org/
its nothing too fancy but it gets the job done, I think there will be some improvements made to the range, and a new club house built before nationals.

So what are you guys shooting in these competitions? I might be running my 280AI, but I have a Kreiger 1-7" twist 6mm barrel sitting here that i'm aching to fit to an action, just waiting untill I get my new lathe set up
crazy.gif
still don't know what i'll chamber that one in though...i'm thinking 243AI with 115 DTAC's. Any suggestions?

Steve

I am a old guy and old school in light gun I shoot a .300WM and in varmit a 7mmRM the varmit is a club thing not IBS.Do not have a heavy gun. You see a lot of 6.5-284, Winny short mags, 6mmBR and .300Ack. In Iowa you will shoot in the wind.I think I could drive to your club in 3 hours and the wife has relitives just south of you so I may try to make it up there.

Steve,

I've arrowed several big bucks over the years here in Ohio, the largest is a 187" 22 point. Send me your e-mail and I will send you some pictures. Last year at our first Tactical Steel match in MARCH, we as in about 12-15 people, actually witnessed a 150" ten point CHASING does, trying to breed them! Not just chasing but pursuring. I saw the fawns in September, and they still had their spots, all of them, and knee high . I've seen this a few times. Big buck hunting with a bow, my other passion.

Tom