• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 1000 yard range in north Idaho?

Re: 1000 yard range in north Idaho?

Closest range would be Mica-Spokane Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. Spokane Valley!
Targets from 25 to 1000

$5 all day

I live in Lewiston.
If you go to BLM land or National Forest land, you can shoot at distances much farther than 1000. Find your way to the canyons of the Snake and/or Salmon Rivers and you will see what I mean. You can try to shoot at distances your rifle is incapable of, let alone your skill.

Forgot to log back in o here, I’m not too sure where that is, anyone on here looking for a shooting buddy? Or g0 to range
It is in Riggins. Bryan Morgan's place. Never been out there but the photos of the terrain and setup on Facebook look great.

Mica (Spokane Valley Rifle & Pistol Club) has steel out to 1000 with some intermediate steel starting at 300 and going out.

Glad to see this post as I have had the same question. I will be moving to Rathdrum next summer so am only 45 min. away from Mica.

Reactions: USMC_92
Sounds like a pretty nice range from their web site. Who says I won't have anything to do in retirement!!

I stopped going to Mica, it's a public range with all the stupid shit that goes with that, the last couple times I went there showed up two hours before opening time (2:00 PM) and could not even find a parking spot, unless something has changed in the last few years I would skip Mica. They had some issues in the past with dumb shit's shooting over the range and into houses beyond, hard pass for me.

Well that is not what I wanted to hear. Any other ranges up in that area. I would have never guessed finding a range up here would be an issue.

I’m in CDA as well. Got a membership out at Rock Lake. Great range. Was there this morning actually. Little over an hour drive

Reactions: Chasing
I’m in CDA as well. Got a membership out at Rock Lake. Great range. Was there this morning actually. Little over an hour drive
Rock Lake is a great range, I've been a member there for almost five years, there is really not many places to shoot unless you can find some BLM land somewhere, there's some out by Sprague but it's a crap shoot on what kind of stupid shit you're going to find out there, good luck finding a spot where there's not a house over the next hill or posted or some liberal dipshit telling you cant shoot and will call the Sheriff. Eastern Wa. N Idaho was once really a great place to live but way too many stupid people have realized just how great it is and screwed it up for the rest of us, no different than most other places that were once great places to live.

Reactions: HogsLife