• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000+ yard ranges near Austin Texas ??

ReconFister

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2017
Now that Best of the west has officially closed down, where is the next closest public range within 1 hour of the Austin area? My search has only found gun clubs that are outrageously expensive. Anybody know something that I don't?

Hmmm.

AIAW will be able to tell you.

Only crazy people live in Austin though......
And NO ONE gets to tell my MIL I said that!

I used to shoot at CTSA don’t remember it being 500m, gonna have to check em out again.

ETTS is gonna be 150 miles... I looked into Austin Gun Club couple years back, that would be 1/2 the distance of ETTS from Austin.

They were super nice so I may be joining them. Can shoot out to a mile at AGC.

AGC will let you shoot at night with the lights out as well. Thats pretty hard to find. If no one is there you can shoot the long range lane from well behind the normal firing line and make it 2k yards.

I know about ETTS, Triple c, and Jacobs plain but those are all over a 2 hour drive one way, unfortunately. AGC is one of the clubs I noticed, but very expensive in my opinion. I dont shoot enough to justify paying for that. I'll look into CTSA. Other than that I suppose it's looking pretty scarce for 1k plus yard options in this area

I’m one of those folks that spends the entire day shooting and doing different things when I go to the range. The good thing about AGC is they have living facilities when I did the site visit. I would pack up enough shit, go out there and shoot 2-3 days. Even at that you are right it is more expensive.

But it is not easy to find 1k ranges. Shit I can shoot to 500 at home.

I used to go to CTSA in the middle of the week and I’d be the only one out there most of the time.

Anyone know of long range spots along the Austin to Houston/Hwy 290 corridor? This would be near La grange, Bastrop, etc.