• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 yard ranges on the east coast...

boisepaw

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2020
Queenstown, MD
I live on the eastern shore of Maryland...just across the Bay Bridge from Annapolis. I'm looking for 1000 yard rifle ranges open to the public (or perhaps to membership) within a couple of hours of here. There's a club in Bridgeville, DE but they seem to only open their 1000 yard range once a twice a month for matches. I'd like to find a place to hone my loads and my skills and be able to practice.

Mifflin county sportsmans association in Lewisbury, PA. Open to membership and doesn't require sponsors
Theres gov/mil range at Quantico as well that hosts matches and I think you can get day passes but I've never been there
that's a VERY long way off from Kent Island on the Chesapeake Bay.

@boisepaw - its ain't great. There is Alexanders in Galena that goes to 600. Haven't been there and in the pics it looks decent but not top notch in terms of facilities. Members only to shoot.

There is Delmarva over by Vienna down Rt 50. Goes to 500 and you can pay by the day. No memberships required (or really even offered, I believe). Again, the 500 yd range was workable but not top notch

My cousin who lives near Newark, DE belongs to a very nice club that goes to 500 but damn if I can remember the name...I've put a call into him.

Other than that.....kind of looking at Peacemaker (but 1k is only open on Wed) and I'm not sure what else would be closer.

Not a great area for long range.

Oh, but if you do go to Mifflin....nice range and great bunch of guys...or at least the ones I met the one time we were up there.

@boisepaw -

My cousin who lives near Newark, DE belongs to a very nice club that goes to 500 but damn if I can remember the name...I've put a call into him.
Ok, I found out the name of the club.....Atlglens Sportmen's Club. But, no only do they have a waiting list (need to be a member to shoot) but they have on their site that their list is so long that they are closing it until they work off some of the backlog.

Its a very nice club but also its not all that damn close

Best options in Delaware are private land if your lucky enough to know someone who will let you shoot. Same with nearby Maryland areas (there is nothing really… especially public)

To me eastern shore Maryland is places like pocomoke. Marion station. Snow hill. But, there are no real ranges there but plenty of hillbillies with lots marsh land.

The liberals have destroyed Delaware. FACT!

I’m surprised though that there is nothing around the Annapolis area. PA would be funner anyway

@boisepaw -

Ok, I found out the name of the club.....Atlglens Sportmen's Club. But, no only do they have a waiting list (need to be a member to shoot) but they have on their site that their list is so long that they are closing it until they work off some of the backlog.

Its a very nice club but also its not all that damn close

You won’t get into atglens. Good luck. And they never used to be 500 only 300. Guess they expanded at some point somehow

gotta be some farmers around Denton that have that much land. Ridgely, Greensboro? Down near Cambridge? That's all farmland between towns.

Theres too many people living down there to find any 1K yard ranges though. Couldn't keep the NJ, NY and PA residents out. That's part of the reason I moved.

600 in md at alixanders sporting farm , has been the longest we have seen so far until you travel to pa or further south
bridgeville in delaware in only a 1k range once per year no idea how you get in down there . good luck finding a good range to get into .