• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000 yard shots in wind- iphone adapter-shot show

armymedic.2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
upstate ny
I saw this i-phone adapter at shot show, and i really really liked it so i reached out to the company after and chatted them up. I made this video yesterday when i tried it out for the first time, it is freaking awesome! I'll be using it for when i am shooting long range, especially deer hunting, and don't have a spotter. It lets you review the shot after via video, or glance over at the monitor in real time which is showing whatever magnification your spotter is at, instead of the max of you rifle optic. instead of having to get up on the eyepiece of the spotter, you can just glance over at the screen. hooks right onto my spotting scope, and runs video or takes pics.

the wind was insane that day but the 308 got it done just fine at 1000 yards. check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBb1vKJpwdM

Re: 1000 yard shots in wind- iphone adapter-shot show

Looks like the iPhone must be naked to fit the adapter. That's too bad. Mine never leaves the house without a case. They should make one that fits Lifeproof cases so the whole system is waterproof. Anyone else agree?

+ Otter box defender case.

I'm not taking my phone out for anyone, too good at breaking things.

That is pretty sweet I may check one out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ddavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the iPhone must be naked to fit the adapter. That's too bad. Mine never leaves the house without a case. They should make one that fits Lifeproof cases so the whole system is waterproof. Anyone else agree? </div></div>

I would live one that fits the lifeproof. I know the I witness unit does but their system does not universally fit near the range of ocular sizes as this one does.

That is cool but I can't justify $200 for it.

I don't know why but hillbilly shit like this just appeals to me so much more then $200...which I could spend on shit like reloadin supplies, gear, strippers, booze.....i think I will make one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch Engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know why but hillbilly shit like this just appeals to me so much more then $200...which I could spend on shit like reloadin supplies, gear, strippers, booze.....i think I will make one. </div></div>

LMAO i'm in the same boat. I talked about rigging up and Anti Cant Device in a thread as opposed to spending $130 on flatline ops and by the replies I got from all but a few people I was apparently the Antichrist. Your post made me laugh.

Your not alone. I mounted a small "untactical" bubble level on my shit before too....lmao.

We've let ourselves become lazy and unresourceful sometimes when we should be more then capable of building some stuff.

Check out my hillbilly hog saddle thread. It's in here. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...120#Post3618120

haha! You guys are killing me because i did the same exact thing!! i had a prototype cobbled together for my android that was homemade and it sorta worked in my redneck pvc sorta way.

hence i went looking for this product while i was at shot show just to see what was available.

the price tag does seem steep, but when compared with what i made the difference in durability and repeatability was pretty clear. i literally just slid it onto my vortex spotter and tightened the screws no adjustment needed. thats what impressed me the most when i was at their booth. plus it fits just about any diameter eye piece because of the way it adjusts

You are right that the sleeve does not accomodate an otterbox, so i do take mine out to use it. not that big of a deal to me but i get why you wouldn't want to in case of rain or something. i'll have to mention that to them next time i call them.

I was chatting with the sales department and they are talking about a scope capable version which i can't wait to see. iscope makes one but it doesnt seem as rugged or simple to use as what they were talking about.

being that they are in prototype phase with the scope version and i have email dialogue with the CEO what would you guys want to see in this product? I could relay it and maybe they will take it into consideration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">haha! You guys are killing me because i did the same exact thing!! i had a prototype cobbled together for my android that was homemade and it sorta worked in my redneck pvc sorta way.

hence i went looking for this product while i was at shot show just to see what was available.

the price tag does seem steep, but when compared with what i made the difference in durability and repeatability was pretty clear. i literally just slid it onto my vortex spotter and tightened the screws no adjustment needed. thats what impressed me the most when i was at their booth. plus it fits just about any diameter eye piece because of the way it adjusts

You are right that the sleeve does not accomodate an otterbox, so i do take mine out to use it. not that big of a deal to me but i get why you wouldn't want to in case of rain or something. i'll have to mention that to them next time i call them.

I was chatting with the sales department and they are talking about a scope capable version which i can't wait to see. iscope makes one but it doesnt seem as rugged or simple to use as what they were talking about.

being that they are in prototype phase with the scope version and i have email dialogue with the CEO what would you guys want to see in this product? I could relay it and maybe they will take it into consideration. </div></div>

That's excellent. Definitely bring up the idea of making it fit at least a couple of the more popular cases, such as Lifeproof, or for the poor souls that are still using Otterbox. The phone coming out of its case in the field is a very bad idea.

seriously? my otterbox isn't cool anymore? shit i just bought it.......nah really why not? seems a solid case to me

Couldn't help myself after the hillbilly version I seem here. Here's mine Iade yesterday out of kydex and PVC lathe turned for a nice fit.
37392FA6-D6B2-4894-AC6A-72FA2972CD36-449-00000009C9D451DB.jpg

Life proof...
760760AA-43CC-472C-BC13-A3C03296968A-449-00000009BEBBF1CD.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seriously? my otterbox isn't cool anymore? shit i just bought it.......nah really why not? seems a solid case to me </div></div>

Haha. I just like to bag on Otterbox people. They are rugged cases. But the Llfeproof case is waterproof, and is more sleek. It doesn't have the super grippy rubber which hangs up in your pocket. Both of these factors make it better functionally for me, your mileage may vary.
-Dan

It's a cool product no doubt, but I really find the $200 price tag a little hard to swallow. That's 200 rounds of lapua 260 rem brass...

I found this one a while back. I dont think it would fit a spotting scope eye-piece, but it can be used with a case and "tuned" to get really good aligment. It's bigger than a lot of the other ones you see, but it should fit a lot of dirrent phones and cases. Just need to be sure it would fit the eye-piece.

http://www.skylightscope.com/