• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1000yd Range Near N.J.???

Robert DiGiorgio

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2009
N.J.
Hello everyone, looking for a good 1000 yard shot but I cant seem to find any ranges within 2 hours drive, if anyone knows of somewhere fairly close to central New Jersey please message me back

- Robert D.

Re: 1000yd Range Near N.J.???

http://www.readerange.org/

They are in PA, I've never been, but they run a couple of big matches each year. Member "miker" is a member here on the Hide and runs some of them. I think they are about a 4 hour ride for me, so it should be a bit shorter for you. Hope this helps.

Reaper00
What part of NJ you live in? If you live in Northern NJ closest 1000 yard range is Frobes, for 600yard highpower Camp Smith.If you live Southern NJ- 1000 yards Quantico Va,600yards Cumberland rifle Millville nj and Bridgville De. About 5 of us from NJ/NY area use to drive to Williamsport,Pa for 1000yards to shoot F Class.Now we drive to Reade and it's a hoot!Rich

BronxFireGuy, yea i know of the one in williamsport P.A..... thats the home of the 1000yd. shot was wondering if there is anything closer...however, it is not looking good

PROTEUS: im in somerset county just about smack dab in the middle of jersey where we still keep it fairly rural
wink.gif
I would really like to take a whack at the 1000yd shot but i would be happy to squeeze out 600yds....that spot in millville is do-able...where do all you guys shoot now??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PROTEUS: im in somerset county just about smack dab in the middle of jersey where we still keep it fairly rural
wink.gif
I would really like to take a whack at the 1000yd shot but i would be happy to squeeze out 600yds....that spot in millville is do-able...where do all you guys shoot now?? </div></div>

We are practically neighbors,I live in Union County.I shoot 1000yard "F"class at Reade Range or Quantico.Maybe Forbes in Albany this year.Mid range 600yard Cumberland Rifleman,0-300yards Cherryridge.If you want to go to a match at Reade let me know first match is April 25,2009 it is a 600/1000 match great change to get your feet wet! Rich

http://www.cumberlandriflemen.com/
http://www.readerange.org/2009/schedulestuff/2009ReadeSchedule.pdf

Yea ill look into that april 25th match might be a bit tough for me right now im a full time college student for law enforcement and when im not doing school im workin an internship for the local Police Dpt. but at some point(hopefully sooner than later) id really like to hit some competition shoots so keep me posted...

Reaper00
AkA: Robert DiGiorgio

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proteus_X3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. . . If you want to go to a match at Reade let me know first match is April 25,2009 it is a 600/1000 match great change to get your feet wet!</div></div>We're shooting a lot of NRA F-class and High Power matches at Quantico now, as well as a modified F-class match.
We have an NRA match this Sunday, <span style="font-weight: bold">22 March</span> ( http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14779),
and the next Modified F-class (no caliber/brake restrictions & coaching is allowed) is <span style="font-weight: bold">5 April</span>.

Ed.
Thanks for the update bro I didn't make it to any matches last year.I will try very hard to attend 1 or 2 this year.I like the venue, still 15rds 800,15rds-900 and 20rds-1000? Rich

Hey Proteus,

Is the Cumberland 600 range like Cherryridge 200/300 yards range in that they can switch yardage or is it strictly a 600 yard range and does it get crowded on weekends?
I'd like to submit my application for membership this year, just wondering if it's worth the 2 1/2 hour ride.

Joe

Rich,

Which Forbes matches are you shooting for this year? I looked at their schedule and got confused. Would like to make it out there this year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaBadAss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Proteus,

Is the Cumberland 600 range like Cherryridge 200/300 yards range in that they can switch yardage or is it strictly a 600 yard range and does it get crowded on weekends?
I'd like to submit my application for membership this year, just wondering if it's worth the 2 1/2 hour ride.

Joe </div></div>

Joe,
the 600yard line starts at 200 yard and goes back to 600yard.They also have a pistol range,plinking/Trap and a 100yards sight-in range.The club facilities are ok,not as nice as CherryRidge.But it is the only range in the State where you can shoot past 300yards also anytime you like and if you go on a weekday you can have the range all to yourself..I "ve been a member since 2004 and drive 2 1/2 south and feel it's worth every penny. Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

Which Forbes matches are you shooting for this year? I looked at their schedule and got confused. Would like to make it out there this year. </div></div>

Hey Jeff I haven't decided yet,Forbes schedule is a little retarded and they make it 2 day events 600 med-range Suturdays and Palma style 800.900 and 1000yards on Sunday. As it stands I'm thinking about the Long Range State championship on September 12th – 13th 2009,but I have too play it by ear.Rich

LOL! Rich, I looked at the Forbes schedule and said "WTH"! We are gonna plan to hit the LR Championship but will have to play it by ear too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sigster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Proteus.Do they let you shoot steel plates at Cunberland.I belong to the Jackson range and i can shoot steel,but all they got there is 350 meters. </div></div>

Years ago there was a steel gong located between target frame #5&6 about half way up the backstop. The gong has been removed since the new President came into office 3 years ago. You would need to contact the club and ask that question. Rich

[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Proteus_X3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. . .I like the venue, still 15rds 800,15rds-900 and 20rds-1000?</div></div>
Yep, same deal, plus plenty of sighters at 800 to play with the wind, then 2 at 900 and 2 more at 1k.

I received my interview date for the Cumberland Range last week and i mentioned in application that I didn't know anyone that belongs to the range and did not have a sponsor. They said i would need a letter from my major, someone in Law enforcement or anyone else who could vouch for me. I mentioned i was a NRA lifetime member and have been a member of the Cherry Hill Range since 97, but that's not good enough. my interview in Sept 20th and i have family members in LA, but feel stupid asking them to sign a form just for a shooting rang. What do you guys think, is it worth the trouble?

Joe