• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

101 Question with Pics: Replacing Bushmaster Stock

General RE LEE

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2022
Middle TN
I did some research and need help. I am replacing the upper on this Bushmaster XM-15 to a 6 ARC for hunting/target.

I want to replace the stock to something that will ride a bag better.

Is this a collapsible stock and can I just order the PRS Lite from Magpul and slide it on?

IMG_9250.jpeg
IMG_9251.jpeg
IMG_9252.jpeg

That looks like a commercial receiver extension (buffer tube), so I do not believe that it will work. The PRS Lite is for Mil-Spec, the commercial RE has a larger OD. You can tell by the slant at the rear, and can verify by measuring the OD.

ar355-4-edited.jpg

That looks like a commercial receiver extension (buffer tube), so I do not believe that it will work. The PRS Lite is for Mil-Spec, the commercial RE has a larger OD. You can tell by the slant at the rear, and can verify by measuring the OD.

ar355-4-edited.jpg

Thank you. My Google search said Bushmasters are commercial.

You’re going to spend a lot of money swapping out stock and trigger parts and an entire upper just to use a $50 receiver and some small parts. Why not just leave that rifle as it and buy/build a new rifle for your 6 ARC?

Velocity trigger en route. New to this so next time I’ll just build one from scratch.

That Abu Dhabi/C7 upper receiver is worth a lot of money by itself since it has old school forge codes on it, looks like an Anchor Harvey to me.

They are highly sought after in the retro builder crowd, especially for a 1988-1993 JSOC era Colt 723 Carbine, which were used in Just Cause and Mogadishu by JSOC Army elements. Navy used 727s with the A2-looking upper (though they had extended feed ramps, unlike the M16A2 rifle).

That Abu Dhabi/C7 upper receiver is worth a lot of money by itself since it has old school forge codes on it, looks like an Anchor Harvey to me.

They are highly sought after in the retro builder crowd, especially for a 1988-1993 JSOC era Colt 723 Carbine, which were used in Just Cause and Mogadishu by JSOC Army elements. Navy used 727s with the A2-looking upper (though they had extended feed ramps, unlike the M16A2 rifle).

Damn, what in the blue fuck did I just read? Awesome.

I believe his plan was to buy a 6ARC upper, so he wouldn't really be scrapping anything. Only change to the lower would be a better trigger.

Reactions: General RE LEE
@redneckbmxer24 ’s point is that all that will remain from that rifle, once you are done upgrading, are the least expensive parts of a rifle (lower and parts kit). For less than $100 additional investment you could just build a whole new rifle in 6ARC.

Damn, what in the blue fuck did I just read? Awesome.
In layman’s terms, your Colt 723/C7 upper you have there can fund a good part of your upgrade plans.

If you just remove the upper from the barrel, and sell the upper with the A1 rear sight assembly and the teardrop forward assist, those are $360 right now on Retro Rifles without the rear sight assy or ejection port door. The teardrop FA bumps the price up from $299 to $360.

There are enough people wanting these to really drive the demand for the extremely low supply of C7/Abu Dhabi uppers. They were made from around 1987-1993, though Bushmaster sourced parts for factory carbines after that. For retro guys who are into that period (like me), there is a lot of interest in C7 uppers. These are not to be confused with M16A1 uppers, which don’t have the brass deflector.

iu

Reactions: General RE LEE