• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 105 a-max and berger hunting results

a220stw

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2012
Brazos Valley Texas
so i am thinking about leaving my 7stw in camp and trying my 243 this year for deer and hogs.
will be shooting 105 a-max or 105 bergers
anybody have any results with these bullets?

Re: 105 a-max and berger hunting results

Ive been shooting some Hornady 105gr. Match bullets in my .243. Im going to try it on a hog first chance I get. I'll let you know if it works out.

good deal
i built this 243 over a year ago and have yet to use it.
going down by the border in october and going to put it to use

I use a Berger 105 hunting VLD in my .243 Never shot a hog but it kills deer very efficiently.

I've shot the 105 amax from a 243 AI on whitetails for years. Works great. I've shot deer up to 200 lbs and 605 yds. A longer ranges, it tends to work like a controlled expansion hunting bullet, up close it frags and destroys internals. There is normally an exit from the biggest piece. I am still picky on shot angles though. Besides the fact that if you hit gut, it's horribly messy, after six to ten inches of penetration, you're hoping for a fragment to keep tracking straight to vitals.

I shot a big old buck at 440 yards a couple of years back with the 105 Berger. Worked well enough for me. I'd use it on virtually anything I'd hunt here in Colorado.

I used the 105 Amax exclusively out of my .243 last season. I didn't have any problems with expansion or penetration, even on the hogs. There are several pictures of the results posted in the thread below.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...413#Post3033824

And a couple more:

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg