• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

105 Berger vs 107 SMK vs 110 SMK vs 115 DTAC

Friday

The Hay King
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2018
Northern Nevada
I would like to here everyone’s input on these bullets

I have shot the 105 Berger’s 110 SMK and 115 DTACs out of my 243 and 6mm CM

Best results for me have been DTACs

I have found that the Berger’s are very consistent as well, I have shot more 105s out of my 243 which is a 7.5 twist mcgree precision, I am going to buy a couple more boxes of the 115s and start playing with them more in my 243 as well, my 6mm cm is a 7 twist Carbon 6 and it likes the 115s, I have tried the 110smk in both and found it to be very inconsistent has anyone else had this issue? I run 38 grains of H4350 in my 243 and 40 grains of H4350 In my 6mm creedmoor with the 115s and 110s.
I have yet to try the 107smk.. I would like to hear what you guys that have tried these bullets think of them.

The nice part about the 115 is it’s the cheapest bullet in your selection. I also have consistently good results with them as I do with the 105’s. Also happen to be in stock right now at Superior, as I just ordered a bunch.

The 107 will almost certainly shoot, and they are typical Sierra tangent ogive bullets, and dont give a shit about jump/jam, or cartridge selection. You can also try Hornady 108’s.

Sounds like you already know what works for
You though, which is all that matters.

I do like the 115 for price and the fact they do shoot, I may give the 107s a try. I’ve always been a Sierra bullet fan but that 110 I don’t much care for.

I'm the opposite. In my 6 creed, started with the 110's and shot lights out for the first 400 rounds.
then used the 107's, easy to find a good load. The 115 Dtac's shot good for 2 shot's, always seemed
to have a flyer no matter what I tried. This is what I found over 3 barrels, all 7.5 tw.
Used H4350 for the 107's and RL16 for the 110's and Dtac's. Just worked better in that combo

I ran them .018 off
The 110's .009

Last edited:
The 107 will be the easiest bullets on your list to tune.
If money is no object the 103 Vapor Trails will run circles around all the bullets you have listed.

I've heard that about the 103's VT's
but how do you get them, do you have to order them directly?
How long does it take?

The 103 VT's are the 103 Clay Spencer bullets used to set many world records.
When Clay and his daughter made them you called and he wrote your name down on a sheet of paper. After they made the bullets he would give you a call and you either bought them or he went to the next name on the list.
The Vapor Trails now you call and order and depending on demand it can take 6 months.
I still have 1400 of the original Clay Spencer 103's from the last batch he ever made. I spun a box of them on my Juenke machine and none of them went over 1 deviation units.

I use the 105 Hybrids and the 107 SMKs exclusively i n my Dasher and aside from needing 2 more clicks for every yardage above 800 yds, I've never had a problem getting the 107s to shoot very well for me. Like someone else said, they just shoot! I found my charge weight, seated the 107s for a 20-thou jump, and never messed with the load again.

Reactions: Red343