• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

109 Hyb CDM Issue

B-P-UU

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
I've had very good luck with the 105 Hyb CDM with Kestrel 5700 AB by slightly adjusting velocity to line up my firing solution.

The 109 Hyb CDM seems to deviate at farther distances (beyond 700 yds). Tweaking the velocity makes too drastic of a change at the shorter ranges. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. I've heard reports of guys needing to bump up the G7 BC on this bullet, which I can try, but then I can't utilize the CDM.

Was hoping to find a couple PDM's to try in the library but it doesn't look like any are out there yet.

Been running them with cdm without any problem.

I’m running about 2950 with 34.0 varget in a 6gt 26” barrel.

I think I have my velocity trued to 2915 or 2920 with the CDM. I’ll have to check later.

Reactions: B-P-UU
Been running them with cdm without any problem.

I’m running about 2950 with 34.0 varget in a 6gt 26” barrel.

I think I have my velocity trued to 2915 or 2920 with the CDM. I’ll have to check later.

6 GT with 36.1 gr. H4350 @2935. Things line up really well to 660 using magnetospeed velocity. Had to take .2 off to waterline at 900 and around .3 off to waterline at 1,100.

This was my first time out with this combo so will play with it some more.

Running a 1:7

6 GT with 36.1 gr. H4350 @2935. Things line up really well to 660 using magnetospeed velocity. Had to take .2 off to waterline at 900 and around .3 off to waterline at 1,100.

This was my first time out with this combo so will play with it some more.

Running a 1:7

What happens when you adjust the MV to make it all line up at 900 and 1100?

Does it throw off your <600yd dope?

Also, mess with your sight over bore height. That can help things as well.

If nothing else, make a g1 and g7 curve. I usually make a curve with g1, g7, and cdc. Then I gather my dope and write it down. Later, away from the range I’ll mess with the curves and the one that lines up best after tweaking numbers is what I go with.

Reactions: Jed2925