• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10mm load for hunting rounds

TheDalmore

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
I just bought my first 10mm and I’ve been looking around here for some load data. Most threads are pretty dated so I’m wondering if anyone has any particular loads that work well. I ordered a Couple hundred rounds from ammoman to get me started, but I want to start the handloading soon. So far I got some 200gr Underwood HCFN for the hogs, and some Hornady 180 xtp. I’d like to load both of these style rounds. Also, if anyone has a better recommendation for hogs than my underwoods or for defense / deer than the XTPs please chime in. Thanks in advance

I killed a big doe at 52 yards with my P220 10mm last year. Shooting the Federal 180 bonded SP, that would be a good hog/deer bullet. Been loading 180 XTPs for deer but haven’t got to shoot one yet with them. Long shot powder worked best for me.

Reactions: TheDalmore
Yeah I was planning to go with XTPs in deer and then saw a lot of people saying they were no good for that. I think I’m still going to try them though because I can’t imagine them not working.

Reactions: 10ring1
The 220 grain hardcast from Underwood ammo are fantastic on both hogs and deer.

I run the 200 grain XTP's in a 6" G20 in front of Bluedot. Not sure enough to give the powder charge as I can't really remember what it was without looking at my data book as I've not loaded any for quite a while. I will say they are hammers though.

Reactions: TheDalmore