• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 10x ss scope

mike1113

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
weatherford,tx
i have a ss fixed 10x scope on a win m70 sa .308 rifle heavy barrel, what would be the effective distance i could shoot at with that set up.(more less with the fixed powered scope.

Re: 10x ss scope

With the right base like a 20 moa,you can get out to 1000 yds if youd needed to.Provided you have the right load for your rifle and you are a capable shooter.The 10x fixed is one of my favorite scopes that i own.Ive shot out to about 900yds with my Mk4 10x mounted to my Rock RIver Arms 20" AR15.The SS 10x is an excellent scope,congrats.

Shooting the 168smk at 2,650, he doesn't even need a base to get out to 1,000. Scope has enough internal adjustment assuming an excessive amount of elevation doesn't gets wasted during sight-in. Hard to do, the Super Sniper has something like 120moa of adjustment? With no base, assuming it zero's fairly close to the mechanical zero, it should be at least 45 minutes (that's using 15 to zero in the not-ideal direction). That gets to 1,000.

my 168's move around 2650. i get to 1000 in 38 minutes with plenty of room left to go, and i don't have a tapered base. the inside of a super sniper is like a condominium!