• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10yo Redfield Revenge - go or no go?

Trumpinator

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2023
USA
Just finished putting together a ar10 and will run a Sight Mark Wraith 4k mini on it but I'm a little skeptical that it will take the abuse of the lr308 platform. So I went into my closet and dug out my old Redfield Revenge 3-9x42 scope that I bought 10yrs ago at Cabelas. I got it for my ar15 but never ended up using it, went with a red dot instead.

Anyways, so theres a rifle range an hour away from me that has 600yrd shooting lanes. This scope should be fine for target shooting out to that distance, right?
Should I upgrade the mount or just send it as is?

Made in Philippines.JPG

Redfield Revenge Scope.JPG

Just finished putting together a ar10 and will run a Sight Mark Wraith 4k mini on it but I'm a little skeptical that it will take the abuse of the lr308 platform. So I went into my closet and dug out my old Redfield Revenge 3-9x42 scope that I bought 10yrs ago at Cabelas. I got it for my ar15 but never ended up using it, went with a red dot instead.

Anyways, so theres a rifle range an hour away from me that has 600yrd shooting lanes. This scope should be fine for target shooting out to that distance, right?
Should I upgrade the mount or just send it as is?
The Wraith 4K Mini is rated up to .308 Win recoil. Should be fine. I bought one of these on sale at PSA and an ADM QD mount for it, and so far, I’m highly impressed for the $450 sales price I got it at. Video recording and playback quality is better than what you see looking through the internal screen in the unit. Surprised me how sharp and clear the image came out once I converted the .AVI files to .MP4 files for my Mac. It definitely takes damn good video, but I noticed the audio has a hard time syncing up with the video. But for $450, and the tiny size of the unit, I can deal with it. Currently it’s mounted on a tripod, but I’ll probably put it on my 14.5” M4 for coyotes. 👍🏼

As for the Redfield, I’d probably upgrade man. Right now EuroOptic has the Burris XTR-II 5-25x50 for only $569. That’s a steal for that price. I have a couple of them. 👍🏼

Reactions: Trumpinator
Thinking about using the Redfield Revenge 3-9x42 scope for shooting targets 600 yards away? Well, it could work, but there are some things to think about:

The scope is known for handling bigger calibers like .30-06 and.308 Win, so it might do okay for your AR-10 at that distance. But there are a couple of things to consider. First, the scope doesn't have adjustable parallax, which might make it a bit tricky for aiming at longer distances. Also, the magnification is limited to 9x, so if your target is small or your vision isn't great, it might not be the best.

Make sure the scope fits well on your AR-10 – some older mounts might not handle the recoil of the.308 very well. You might want to think about getting a better mount from brands like Warne, Leupold, or Burris.

If you're serious about shooting targets at 600 yards, you might want to check out scopes with higher magnification, adjustable parallax, and a more precise reticle. It could be worth the upgrade, depending on your budget and goals. Give the Redfield a try at the range; if it works well for you, great! But if you find some limitations, you might want to think about upgrading to a scope made specifically for long-range shooting with your AR-10. And always make sure everything is securely mounted and zeroed for safety!

This is AI generated... right?

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
The Wraith 4K Mini is rated up to .308 Win recoil. Should be fine. I bought one of these on sale at PSA and an ADM QD mount for it, and so far, I’m highly impressed for the $450 sales price I got it at. Video recording and playback quality is better than what you see looking through the internal screen in the unit. Surprised me how sharp and clear the image came out once I converted the .AVI files to .MP4 files for my Mac. It definitely takes damn good video, but I noticed the audio has a hard time syncing up with the video. But for $450, and the tiny size of the unit, I can deal with it. Currently it’s mounted on a tripod, but I’ll probably put it on my 14.5” M4 for coyotes. 👍🏼

As for the Redfield, I’d probably upgrade man. Right now EuroOptic has the Burris XTR-II 5-25x50 for only $569. That’s a steal for that price. I have a couple of them. 👍🏼

Thanks for the vote of confidence on the Wraith. I picked it up during a Black Friday sale for $400. You're probably right on the Redfield. I think I've asked this question before and the replies were for 600yds you'd want x14 power. I'll take the Redfield to the range first to give it a go before picking up another optic. That Burris looks great though...

Thanks for the reply.