• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

11.5" good until 150 rds.

kimberseries1

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Texas by the Grace of God
1st time taking this SBR out for a spin.
BCM carbine lower with H buffer
BCM 11.5" CFH upper
EPST BCG from a fellow 'hide member

Shot great on semi rapid fire, mag after mag. Switched to pistol after mag 3 and 5. All brand new PMags. All ammo was m193. Mag 6 was either SOST, .223 tap, or a mixture. Either way, fte/feed next round at the same time. Clear, chamber, repeat every time. Empty was directly on top of next round every time like clockwork. Looked like a double feed, but with fte on top.

Tried 3 other mags with same effect. Same ammo, either SOST/MK218, tap, or combo.

I'm thinking of changing the buffer from H to H2 or T2, which ever the heavier is. Or should I go lighter? Also thinking of swapping BCG's to BCM BCG, or Spikes enhanced.

Everything was getting pretty gunked up, but not so bad as for a stoppage. My 16" BCM would run fine with the same gunkiness.

Re: 11.5" good until 150 rds.

I have no idea what a EPST is but I would put a BCM BCG in the gun and I would bet it runs like a beast.

If you are undergassed, a heavier buffer will make you problem worse. Before you go messing with buffer weights figure out which ammo you were having your problems with. It may be that your gun does not like .223 spec ammo(IE it is not hot enough to cycle your gun). In that case your solution would be to always use 5.56, or run a carbine buffer.

My vote would be to use a BCM BCG, stick with the H buffer, and always use 5.56 ammo.

ETA: as long as your gun was lubed, "gunkieness" has nothing to do with it. I have personally put over 3k between cleaning BCM gun with no issues. Google Filthy 14 and read about a rifle EAG Tactical put 30k+ on a rifle with only lube and no cleaning. I have seen that rifle in person, and shot it. It looked nasty, but worked fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptrlcop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have no idea what a EPST is but I would put a BCM BCG in the gun and I would bet it runs like a beast.

If you are undergassed, a heavier buffer will make you problem worse. Before you go messing with buffer weights figure out which ammo you were having your problems with. It may be that your gun does not like .223 spec ammo(IE it is not hot enough to cycle your gun). In that case your solution would be to always use 5.56, or run a carbine buffer.

My vote would be to use a BCM BCG, stick with the H buffer, and always use 5.56 ammo.

ETA: as long as your gun was lubed, "gunkieness" has nothing to do with it. I have personally put over 3k on an all BCM gun with no issues. Google Filthy 14 and read about a rifle EAG Tactical put 30k+ on a rifle with only lube and no cleaning. I have seen that rifle in person, and shot it. It looked nasty, but worked fine.</div></div>

Yeah, the filthy14 is a beast.

Epst stands for Extreme Pressure Surface Treatment, it was supposed to be a better coating than NiB, NP3, etc, but it looks as if I may have been taken, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a hide member, has been for 4 years....

The MK218 is full power 5.56 with the 62 gr otm, It's what the marines use. It would jam with it every time as well, not just the tap.

Thanks for the help!! I'll drop in the BCM BCG and see how she runs.

Make sure the pin holes in your extractor didn't deform or break. It almost sounds like your extractor failed. Especially since you say it ran great and then stopped ejecting. Could also be your ejector but I haven't seen those break as easily.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TGagnon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make sure the pin holes in your extractor didn't deform or break. It almost sounds like your extractor failed. Especially since you say it ran great and then stopped ejecting. Could also be your ejector but I haven't seen those break as easily. </div></div>
what he said. especially if the bolt itself is used. i'd be leaning to the extractor. they're cheap and easy enough to replace

Kimber as mentioned above, clean the rifle and check ejector, extractor etc, take her to the range and attempt to repeat the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet it's your extractor. </div></div>

This ^^^^ I would also replace the extractor spring and insert and or O-ring while replacing your extractor.

Also check to be sure you do not have an obstruction in the carrier key. I had a blown primer that lodged itself in one on me.

Thanks fer all the help fellers!! I knew I should've just bought a BCM BCG to begin with. You don't see those break extractors after 150 rds......

Got in BCM extractor upgrade kit and installed. Spring that came out was 2-3 times smaller diameter than the BCM. No spring left at all, no black rubber ring either. Went ahead and installed the ring with the BCM.spring, even though it may not need it....j.i.c. this extractor is out of spec.

Thanks, yall, for the help!! I hate to distrust this bcg because cleanup was a breeze! No scrubbing the bolt, everything hosed right off. I'll try to put some more rounds downrange and see if this bcg can be reliable. Right now, its playing second fiddle to the BCM.

Also switched to M-Pro 7 LP, and it seems to really cling to the BCM bcg, so far I really pike this stuff.

Thanks again fellers!