• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

11% Tax on Guns and ammo

Make poll taxes great again.

Unsure if this tax will be constitutional.

It certainly is discriminatory against low income second amendment fans.

None of this has ever stopped a politician from violating civil rights though.

Over the past 20 years the anti 2A crew has pivoted from legal to monetary.

Don’t make them illegal just make it very expensive.

Same with cigarettes..put a huge tax in them and either make more tax revenue and/or reduce smokers.

They still toss the in the vote to remove the 2A when they can in hopes of getting traction but if not they just pass laws to make is less affordable.

Very smart move in their part. Because every law or petition takes pro gun money to fight…just drain the war chest and sooner or later there isn’t opposition.

Unfortunately, here in central/eastern Virginia, I've been seeing a fair number of California license plates. Keep hoping that they will continue driving east and into the bay / ocean...

You may need to help them out.

Unfortunately, here in central/eastern Virginia, I've been seeing a fair number of California license plates. Keep hoping that they will continue driving east and into the bay / ocean...
If enough fo it will create a new reef for diving. Win/win

No tax ever raised helped the people it was intended to help. Not willingly anyway.

In 1899, the federal government created a tax on phone services to pay for the Spanish American War, it took well over 100 years to eliminate the tax. It had repaid war debt in a few years and scum politicians kept it for another century.

Oh yeah, fuck California and fuck those California scumbags for moving and spreading their cancerous ideas throughout the country.

Dont be too surprised if they are democrats. Just like cancer, they destroy everything surrounding them then move on to another part.

In 1794 Washington passed a 25% tax on whiskey, the farmers in Western Kentucky revolted , known as the whiskey rebellion, George Washington raised a army and lead them to battle ( the last time a president lead troops into battle) and put down the rebellion, IIRC no lives were lost except in the leadup to the armed response from the army , it may take another such armed response from the citizens to stop this nonsense, but with better results ,hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath, only 6% of the population took up arms against the British in 1775.

I expect him to sign it and then I get to see how it shakes out once the lawyers get involved. The silver lining for everyone who isn't in California is that this will get the ball rolling on a case that has a good chance of killing off the NFA. Pittman-Robinson might go down as collateral damage but we will see...

I'm always glad I am not a Cali residence. Too many gun restrictions and now more tax law on ammos and guns.

Reactions: stefan73
The Los Angeles Times (the insanely progressive rag that called Larry Eldar the "black face of white supremacy" when he ran in the recall election against current governor Gavin Newsome) just posted an opinion piece coming out against signing the tax into law. I suspect that some of the "saner" Progressives are realizing that this is the perfect test case for pro-gun lawyers to kill off the NFA and put machine guns and suppressors back into the hands of the common man. There are no unsympathetic scumbag defendants, the tax is specifically aimed at civilian gun owners (with a sweet little carve-out exemption for law enforcement), and the money will be used for things that have zero benefit for gun owners.

what a great idea. instead of putting and keeping the actual violent criminal scum in jail, this tax will surely dissuade them from buying and using guns in their criminal activity. ingenious!

yes, some sarcasm...

The solution:
louis-thumb.jpg

Make poll taxes great again.

Unsure if this tax will be constitutional.

It certainly is discriminatory against low income second amendment fans.

None of this has ever stopped a politician from violating civil rights though.
I presume it could be challenged on the bases that taxes on a right are unconstitutional. I do wonder though, would that potentially affect excise taxes on firearms and sporting goods?

Branden

In 1794 Washington passed a 25% tax on whiskey, the farmers in Western Kentucky revolted , known as the whiskey rebellion, George Washington raised a army and lead them to battle ( the last time a president lead troops into battle) and put down the rebellion, IIRC no lives were lost except in the leadup to the armed response from the army , it may take another such armed response from the citizens to stop this nonsense, but with better results ,hopefully, but I wouldn't hold my breath, only 6% of the population took up arms against the British in 1775.
Interesting. The founding fathers were tyrants as well. Who would have ever thought that those that want to rule others and those that assist them for a paycheck are pieces of shit, constitution or not.

Interesting. The founding fathers were tyrants as well. Who would have ever thought that those that want to rule others and those that assist them for a paycheck are pieces of shit, constitution or not.
6% of the population in 1794 was like 300 people. Easier to command and organize 300 people than 18 million.

Branden

P.S. I'm being sarcastic about 300 men, but the point still stands.

See also Shays Rebellion during the same time.

Foreshadowing the Bonus Army debacle when MacArthur, Eisenhower and Payton went to war against WWI vets - Patton literally against a guy that saved his life.

Well, as predicted hair gel hypocrite just signed this into law. Looks like it's time to stock up on ammo before this goes into effect on July 1, 2024.

Also, here is to hoping that this law can be used to take down the NFA and Hughes Amendment.

Pittman-Robinson act was a good thing IMO.
Gives sportsmen the high ground.

Only reason their is any open space and animals left aint because hippies stopped traffic. It’s sportsmen getting taxed.

No way they will let it be lost.

It will get purposed for illegals, Ukraine, or abortion.
One of the amazing things about Pittman is how good of a job the drafters did of making sure that the states couldn't steal the money. It's also a huge source of funding for state wildlife management agencies so it has done a decent job of keeping them on the side of sportsmen.

Reactions: pmclaine
I keep seeing articles that say it is actually 18%.

Looks like they are adding in regular CA sales tax. So 11% excise plus whatever you pay to the local sales tax so if you lived in Los Angeles county it would be 11% + 9.5% so now your up to 20.5% tax. Of course to make things even better it's illegal to go out of state to buy ammo...

Goddam parasites.