• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
I am going to do it. I am buying a Savage 110 FP to try F/TR. I thought this would be a good entry level start although the optics will probably break the budget, but , the only way one can improve is to participate. Notice I didn't say compete. So if you guys have any words of wisdom, I will be happy to listen. Thank you

Re: 110 FP

I replaced my 10FP trigger with a sharpshooter supply comp trigger and that made a HUGE difference. Mine had a very crappy stock that I first filled and then replaced.

Wife 'stole' it and it is now her rifle. She snarls at the mere mention of me getting it back.

Good Luck, don't let the Mrs shoot it.

Assuming it's and older or used rifle, as Savage no longer produces it in an F/TR-legal chambering.

I think it's a fine rifle, but see very little advantage to using the longer action.

I would rather have the 12 BVSS. It's the same rifle our group would have ready for the newbs coming out to watch 1Kyd F Class, and getting a bit o' the bug fed them by us wicked badboys.

Optics don't need to pauperize you, or at least not right away.

I often recommend the Tasco VAR624X42M 6-24x42 Mildot Varmint/Target scope. Retails at around $80, and will serve you well enough until a better scope can be afforded. I liked mine well enough to keep it on my 1Kyd F Class rifle, and even buy 3 more.

Buy good mounts, then swap out the Tasco for a better scope later. It also works great later on a .22lr as it has a very close focus capability and 75MOA+ of adjustment.

Greg

is this 110 chambered in .308 win???? thaught all the 110s were Long action cals... note not used for F-TR