• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

110ba stock swap

matthias

Terminal lurker
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
bismarck north dakota
i am thinking of changing out the stock on my 110ba in 338 lapua.

thinking about a mcmillian a5 in black, any other recommendations

also would like to make it a single shot any ideas on the best sled to put in? or how to fill the lower cut out?

also would like a different scope rail. suggestions?

i have some ideas looking for more. thanks again

Re: 110ba stock swap

Manners can also make you a stock. T4 would be my recommendation. Probably less wait time than McMillan.

A few companys that can help you with the rail are EGW, Ken Farrell, Murphys Precision, and Nightforce.

As far as converting to single shot there are plates that you can weld in but those are for remington 700s. I have not seen any for savage actions buy I am sure one can be made.

weld in plates? where can i find those? i have been searching for a while and all i can come up with is aluminum sleds.

looking at manners t4 , thanks

For a savage, I expect you would have to make your own weld in plate. I have never seen one for the Savage action.

That being said, I would avoid doing that. When you put all that heat and stress into the action by welding it, then grinding smooth, and then refinishing the action, it has a very good chance of changing the dimensions, or warping it. Then you have to have it trued, (very uncommon on a savage due to design), and then you have more money into the project.

The actions are sturdy enough by themselves to shoot .338LM.

If you truly want single shot, then use the aluminum sled.

For stock replacement, I will changing the stock on the 110BA that I just picked up sometime in the future, but I am hoping that KRG will have their W3 for a savage long action by then.

McMillion (McMillan) is a very nice stock, but they seem to take a long time, and don't have much of any advantage above the Manners.

You could also look at Stockade stocks.