• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

110ba

bullelk6

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
klamath falls oregon
new to forum so hi to all.any one got any info on the savage 110 ba in 338 lapua,thinking about buying one and would like some info from the pros.any help good or bad all is welcom.

Re: 110ba

I have one. Nicest savage I've owned to date. Jury is still out on the accuracy - barely MOA right now and I am having problems with heavy bolt lift at middle of the road charges and less than 2600 fps on 300gr bullets. I should be able to get nearly or over 2700 and shouldn't have to tap the brass out with a rod. Switching from hornady to lapua brass this weekend - hoping for positive results...

Take a look on Gunbroker... there are SEVERAL there that are around 1700 - 1800 price range.

Matt.

I had a bolt that felt like that on a model 12 bodywerks. After I had the action done over at SSS it was much better. ymmv

All the BAs I have seen were nice. Every savage I have had has shot well, so I am sure this one is no different.

Has nothing to do with the action needing trueing. Bolt cycles like butter when you're just sitting there cycling the bolt. Its only heavy after firing bullets(300g bergers) out of crap hornady brass. I have since switched to lapua brass and the bolt lift and extraction problem is a thing of the past - you get what you pay for, lesson learned...

Haven't shot it in a couple months, but switching to lapua brass seems to have cured the heavy bolt lift problem. Now to find an accurate load. The bergers seem too finicky and I simply can't afford to shoot enough of them to find their sweet spot. So I have loaded up some 300 smk's to try. Starting with 91.5 gn of retumbo and about .012" off the lands. I plan to shoot some next weekend...

worst case, we have dealers here that will sell for 10% over cost. even with shipping and transfer you should do alright. let me know

I get an unbelievable deal on one savage per year and Ive been wanting to put this gun on order but just havent seen a ton of reviews on it good or bad yet.

I shot it at one of our training deals, unfortunately the Savage rep was a rahtard and had a Vortex Razor mounted on it...but never bothered to sight the gun in. So I had no idea how it shot because it wasnt even on paper at 100yds.

The one thing I noticed though, and the only thing I didnt like, was how the pistol grip affects the trigger pull. I have pretty large hands, and I felt like I was struggling to get a good straight pull on the trigger, and the accutrigger I thing made it worse than it shouldve been. It just seemed like your hand is to high and you end up pulling the top of the trigger. Do you notice this with yours?