• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

115 DTAC Moly

LWILLIAMS

Nobody
Minuteman
May 30, 2006
Gillette, Wyoming
I shoot these in my 6CM and was wondering if there is anywhere that has moly or am I going to be force to scrub my barrel down and switch to HBM. Is there any negatives to scrubing my barrel out and switching since they are not making the Moly anymore. I figuer 1 or 2 more boxes should get me through this barrel.

Re: 115 DTAC Moly

LWILLIAMS,

Just learn to moly your own. A tumbler bowl, some ball bearings, a VERY small amount of MoS2 and you are set. The current DTACs are not the same as previous lots, since the current lots are pointed. Pointing options for old lots are now available as well.

The world changes,
DocB

I guess I will have to moly my own once I run out. Maybe I will go nekid on the next barrel or HBN. I sure hope my gun shoots the new kind as well as it does the old lots, but I am sure it will. It seems to digest every heavy very well.

HBN is sweet, no. Mess and no off gas. Easy to use and apply, I do all my own.

Just go BN, moly is heading the way of the dodo bird. Since you shoot the XC I'm sure your aware Tubb offers BN DTAC's and also started marketing a kit to roll your own.