• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

12 Strong. Something yo likely didnt know.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Most of ya'll have heard me rave about Horse Soldier Bourbon. best Ive had, working a bottle right now. but i didnt know there was a movie about those guys. Im going to watch it now, on Nerflix.

www.republicworld.com › entertainment-newsIs '12 Strong' a true story? Here's everything you need to ...

Feb 22, 2021 · Is 12 Strong a true story? The movie is based on a true story based on the facts of 9/11 attack. The majority of the characters in the film are fictional, but they are inspired by actual

“The only thing worth dying for” was a book about one of the teams in the south bringing in Karzi. Very good book.

“Horse Soldiers”. by Doug Stanton is about the teams in the north coming down with the Northern Alliance. Also a good read.

To be honest, after reading the books and knowing at least one from a team that came down from the north the movie was a bit disappointing to me. Guess there is only so much you can do in a movie and they have to try to sell it, but Hollywood’s typical spin was off putting to me. Especially at least one of the actors that they chose.

“The only thing worth dying for” was a book about one of the teams in the south bringing in Karzi. Very good book.

“Horse Soldiers”. by Doug Stanton is about the teams in the north coming down with the Northern Alliance. Also a good read.

To be honest, after reading the books and knowing at least one from a team that came down from the north the movie was a bit disappointing to me. Guess there is only so much you can do in a movie and they have to try to sell it, but Hollywood’s typical spin was off putting to me. Especially at least one of the actors that they chose.
    I wasnt there so anything I could say is unimportant except Great fucking bourbon.

Reactions: 1911hombre
    I remember when we were loading up their gear to drop them in country. When they brought the saddles to our aircraft we were all like WTH?? There was more than one guy that had never ridden a horse if I recall correctly. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good times, great flying, shitty living. 😎 😎

I knew it! Chris Hemsworth isn’t real…

1657542292848.jpeg

Reactions: J-Ham
    ^^^Coming from you Haney, thats a compliment, as youre the least important person on the Hide.

I knew it! Chris Hemsworth isn’t real…

View attachment 7909826
    What if Chris Hemsworth was really just Loki all along...

FRXcKDAVkAAgIjZ.jpg

Anyway I rewatched this last night. Hadn't seen it in a while, thought it was alright. Hemsworth ain't bad in it; for a guy known as cocky-confident Thor, he's pretty capable of giving other performances.

Naturally there were changes from reality and the source material but you're always gonna have that for the sake of plot and ease of filmmaking, and just for dramatic appeal. Black Hawk Down didn't happen exactly that way. 13 Hours didn't happen exactly that way. Kingdom of Heaven didn't happen exactly that way.

Apparently a bunch of critics got their knickers in a twist because the movie didn't reference any hindsight about the war in Afghanistan, or so I read? So what did they want, for the movie to end with "Hey none of the 12 guys here were killed during this operation, they got a really cool statue made to honor them, and [insert political drivel from 17 years later into a movie about the near-immediate aftermath of 9/11]"?

Reactions: Maggot and lash