• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

12-year-old fatally shoots armed man

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
A 12-year-old shot and killed an armed man after he threatened the boy's mother during a home invasion, according to the East Feliciana Sheriff's Office.

"At this time, the East Feliciana Sheriff’s office has no evidence — whether it be physical evidence at the scene or testimony from witnesses — that would incriminate the 12-year-old, and therefore, at this time, we have no plans to bring charges against the 12-year-old child," Sheriff Jeffrey Travis said.

He added that at the conclusion of the office's investigation, all the paperwork will be given to the local district attorney, who will ultimately make the decision about whether the shooting is justified.

The home invasion took place at 7:21 a.m. Wednesday in the 5800 block of Winchester Lane, east of Clinton.

Witnesses told authorities that 32-year-old Brad LeBlanc, of Vidalia, was armed with a pistol when he encountered a woman outside her home early Wednesday, Travis said.

LeBlanc forced the woman inside her house where a struggle broke out between them. The woman's 12-year-old son, who has not been named by authorities, shot LeBlanc with a hunting rifle in fear for his mother's life, Travis said.
When the East Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office and first responders arrived, they administered CPR to Leblanc, who was later transported to Lane Regional Medical Center.

He was pronounced dead at the hospital, Travis said.

Two others who allegedly took part in the invasion were arrested earlier this week. Johnathon Barker of Clinton was booked into East Feliciana Parish Prison on charges of second-degree murder, principal to aggravated burglary and principal to aggravated kidnapping.

Though Barker isn't accused of directly killing anyone, East Feliciana Parish Sheriff Jeff Travis said his participation in the burglary led to the death.

Jennifer Bond of Ethel was booked into the same prison on one count of accessory after the fact.

The investigation remains open.

Brad LeBlanc picked the wrong house....

Waiting for charges on mom for an unsecured firearm.

According to a local forum his mom was shot in the hand during the encounter, and he shot the guy with a Marlin 30-30. Being in Louisiana I seriously doubt there will be any charges. I don’t think access to guns with a parent home Is an issue. I’ll research that. Years ago, I made my daughter learn to shoot before she could stay home alone. This is the Deep South…

According to a local forum his mom was shot in the hand during the encounter, and he shot the guy with a Marlin 30-30. Being in Louisiana I seriously doubt there will be any charges. I don’t think access to guns with a parent home Is an issue. I’ll research that. Years ago, I made my daughter learn to shoot before she could stay home alone. This is the Deep South…
You gotta love the classics.

Isn't that what they use(d) in Utah for the firing squad (3030 in Winchester lever action rifles)?

.30-30 lever action rifles have also been the mainstay for most US corrections departments all the way through the 1970s and some departments retained them well into the 90s. In all of the classic prison and chain gang movies of the 1950s-80s, you see leverguns carried by corrections officers, and many of them doing their duties on horseback as well. Absolutely as classic Americana as Howlin' Wolf and Johnny Cash...

Reactions: Davo308
So "un tactical" though.........

Devil gonna laugh at dead guy when he shows up for getting killed by a lever gun.........probably first since Wounded Knee.
Back when thutty-thuttys were the 'go to' carbines of America, we didn't have all the terminal performance tests and debates we have now. When you shot a deer or human with one, they died.

and dont forget that the lever action was pretty much the first high capacity, rapid fire rifle to come about. the orgininal “assault rifle”, if you will. a person with a lever gun is still pretty well armed in most environments.
1625366899098.png

Reactions: MarshallDodge
We teach the young'ns to shoot, young, here in Louisiana. My Dad gave me a Daisy, when I was five and turned me loose. By the time I was seven, I was hunting with a .410. At ten, I was turned loose in the woods with a .22. That was in the 70s, but country folks still teach their kids to shoot, accurately at a very young age. There's no doubt, I'd done the same, when I was a kid. It's just the way I was raised.

We teach the young'ns to shoot, young, here in Louisiana. My Dad gave me a Daisy, when I was five and turned me loose. By the time I was seven, I was hunting with a .410. At ten, I was turned loose in the woods with a .22. That was in the 70s, but country folks still teach their kids to shoot, accurately at a very young age. There's no doubt, I'd done the same, when I was a kid. It's just the way I was raised.

Same story as yours ,but in the mid 60s.........in Ms.

Reactions: BLEE

We had a summer "day camp" I used to go to when out of elementary school for the summer. It was hosted at a private elementary school, nearby where I lived. The sister private high school in the same town had a 50 yd range in the basement of the gym. One of the camp counselors (who also served as the camp's bus driver and who also organized an annual overnight bivouac to a local forest area) was also an NRA instructor and would take us once a week to that HS range. We'd shoot .22 single shot bolt action rifles in prone position. I think I may have been 8-10 at the time. I know he was an NRA instructor because several of the kids achieved their "pro-marksman" and "marksman" certs. One, I think, even got Marksman 1st cl. But the important thing was that you learned not to be afraid of the rifle and how to handle it properly and safely. As I recall, there were no "ADs/NDs."

Reactions: Davo308 and BLEE