• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

123 SMK vs 123 Nosler CC

223ai

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2006
Texas
All -

It's been my experience that the Nosler Custom Comp's have been pretty close to exact copies of their Sierra Matchking counterparts in .30 cal and in .22 cal. I have no experience with them in .264 cal. Can anyone let me know how the 123 Nosler CC's compare, in BC, to the 123 Sierra Matchkings? I'm having a 6.5x47 built right now, and would like to stick with the 123gr class of bullets from Sierra or Nosler.

Thanks,
JP

I asked the same question a month or so ago, and it didn't seem like anybody had tried the 123gr CCs at mid to long ranges. Would be nice if the BC was the same as the SMK though, with Noslers a fair bit cheaper...

Last edited:
I asked the same question a month or so ago, and it didn't seem like anybody had tried the 123gr CCs at mid to long ranges. Would be nice if the BC eas the same though, with Noslers a fair bit cheaper...

Not to mention the availability of the bullet as compared to the SMK's. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a few hundred to try.

Midsouth has 500ct 123gr SMKs in stock at reasonable pricing...and I'm sure you've seen Graf's, Midway, and others have 123gr Nosler CCs in stock.

Keep an eye on Shooters Pro Shop; they've had 250 and 1000ct 123gr Nosler CC overruns posted a few times over the last 4-6 weeks at very reasonable prices.

Both bullets shoot the same trajectory with the same load out to 540 yards for me. Granted, 800-1200 yards would give much more info. Accuracy out of my 260 is the same too, but I haven't checked the 260's trajectory. Considering what I found with both rifles, I see no reason to pay more for the Sierra's...unless I can't find Noslers.

I have no experience with the SMKs, but I've shot the Nosler CCs out to 750 many times and trust them. They group great. The gun is a MK12 Mod 0 chambered in .264 Lbc with an 18" barrel.