• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes $1250 Budget, what are my best options?

Ah... I am wrong. The Toric line appears to be made in Japan. The Tract 22FIRE scope I have is made in China and has the worst eye relief I've ever come across on a scope at its price point, so I don't really get this "skip the middle man" marketing. It should have been better than my actually quite excellent Burris Fulfield II on another rifle that cost $50 less than I paid if that was the case. I digress... sorry for getting that wrong.

If I grab a Cronus this weekend should I get the rings with it from cameraland? Or just the scope and find better rings?

There are a couple of XTRIII on eBay going here pretty quick. You might watch them. I picked one up pretty cheap a couple weeks ago. Cronus<XTRIII/MK5/Razor IMO

There are a couple of XTRIII on eBay going here pretty quick. You might watch them. I picked one up pretty cheap a couple weeks ago. Cronus<XTRIII/MK5/Razor IMO
Holy crap. You're not kidding. Non-Illum is a deal breaker for me at that price range (well, MSRP anyway). The OP may also consider the LRTS
Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTS 4.5-18x44mm @ camerlandny. Granted it's a 30mm tube which is probably not what the OP wanted. But Doug has them pretty cheap...I've toyed with it in my mind; but my only 30mm mount is a LaRue which..well...scratches everything it touches (my pre-Hide days). The LRTS and LRTSi (I wish I'd bought 2) 3-12x are absolutely amazing for the money, I'd assume the 4.5-18 is also quite nice.

I’ve owned and used the LRHS, DMR2 Pro and Cronus BTR. They are all solid choices. Robust mechanics and awesome glass. I decided to clear out my stable of LOW built scopes and let the Bushnells go.

I bought the Bushnells from GAP last year because those bundle deals they had were too good pass up.

I’m hanging on to the Cronus for backup orfuture rifle purchase. The reticle and 25y parallax was the deciding factor for keeping it over the others.

*advice

I would hate for someone to mistakenly assume you’re an idiot simply for using the wrong word. It really detracts from this sterling post.
I appologie for a typo on a small phone while taking a shit earlier......yet you have nothing of substance to add to thread topic...typical projection with no value added. Feel free to go away.

Dude. You will find all the deals gone on Caneraland if you don’t pull the trigger

My preference anywhere near $1500 is usually the Delta Stryker, but a new Cronus for $1200 is very hard to beat.

The SWFA Black Friday price is $900-ish usually and IMHO, it's a better value at $900 than the Cronus is at $1200. But the Cronus is a slightly better scope - mainly the extra mag power is nice when shooting prone (unless you're confident you'll be dealing with mirage all the time). I wasn't crazy about the glass in the Cronus I had (compared to what I read online) and the focus knob wasn't quite as effortless as the others. It was fine, but both my SWFA HD 5-20 and my Delta Stryker were better glass-wise, but we're splitting hairs, especially between the Athlon and SWFA. All of these scopes are noticeably, significantly better than the Burris XTR2.

Bottom line, I've owned or spent a decent amount of time behind almost everything in this price range except the Chinese Athlons, and the only two I kept for any significant amount of time were the SWFA HD 5-20 and the Delta Stryker 4.5-30. Both had great glass, perfect reliability, good eyeboxes, and reticles that I like.