• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 1280 vs. 640 Footage

you must eat a shit ton of pig or have some crazy pig roasts lol

Thanks for posting the video.
For that amount of money, it needs to have auto focus like my Nvis Halo X50.

Thanks for posting the video.
For that amount of money, it needs to have auto focus like my Nvis Halo X50.
The Halo doesn’t have auto focus. It is fixed focus at infinity. With a manual focus scope you could set at infinity and leave it there if that’s what you like. The advantage of a manual focus scope is that you can focus it perfectly at any distance, versus a fixed focus scope which will be blurry at shorter distances.

It's alien technology.
I tried setting my Thermion and Adder scopes to do what my Halo does and haven't been able to make it happen.
Either way it's a lot easier to take multiple shots at targets at different distances without having to manually focus and I'm not buying a 1280 scope to shoot short distance, so they dropped the ball on that in my opinion.

Attachments

• 20221213_213026.png
    20221213_213026.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Halfnutz
Lots of 1280 footage and 1280 vs. 640 direct comparisons in this video (iRay RICO RS75 vs. iRay Bolt TH50-C) and lots of dead hogs and coyotes.

What distances are you looking at for those shots?

What distances are you looking at for those shots?
Given that the unit is a native 2x a lot of those distances are relatively close. My PTS 736 gives images just as good albeit with a tighter FOV