• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 12x vs. 10x SS

commandernavi

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2012
Texas
Quick question to all:

How much does the 10x differ from the 12x Super Snipers from SWFA? I have heard that the 10x is a better scope all around, but is the difference really noticeable enough to get one over the other? Is one going to be better over the other in terms of optical clarity, field of view, or usability in practical terms? I can stare at numbers on a screen all day long, but I have used neither so need input from you guys. Any problems with mirage or anything else to be aware of?

I want to outfit it to my Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD in .308 which I plan to primarily use at the range, but may have to hunt with it too since I do not have any other rigs for this.

Which do you prefer?

Thank you all!

Well the 10x will be better trying to find your targer over the 12x(faster) the 12x you can see better details the mirage will be a lil worse with the 12x but not too bad but you can see better at longer ranges. There is nothing wrong with the 10 or the 12. I have used the 10 and the 12 and I now use just the 12 I don't thank u can go wrong with either.

I recall their fixed 10 X is their only fixed scope with parallex adjustment. If you're shooting 500 yards or more you'll probably need at least 16X. Good bang for your buck with rugged scope with matching reticle and turrets.

I recall their fixed 10 X is their only fixed scope with parallex adjustment. If you're shooting 500 yards or more you'll probably need at least 16X. Good bang for your buck with rugged scope with matching reticle and turrets.

You don't need 16x to shoot 500 yards or more. Hell, I can hit shit at 600 with 6x on a AR15. If I was to choose a fixed power I would stick with the 10x. IMO, 16x would be a bit much without the option of going to a lower power. It looks like all the SS fixed powers have rear focus except one of the 10x models which has SF. Now you have me eye-ballin' the 10x HD version.

You don't need 16x to shoot 500 yards or more. Hell, I can hit shit at 600 with 6x on a AR15. If I was to choose a fixed power I would stick with the 10x. IMO, 16x would be a bit much without the option of going to a lower power. It looks like all the SS fixed powers have rear focus except one of the 10x models which has SF. Now you have me eye-ballin' the 10x HD version.

+1...

OP 10x is plenty for the scenarios given. 12x might hurt you in the short game for hunting.

I Bought the 10x for the exact same gun you have mine is the 16.5 version. Just waiting on my Rail to get it mounted. I love it, just as clear as my MUCH more expensive Leopold, positive clicks, and decent eye relief (Wish it had slightly more)