• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: 12x50x56

You can never have enough top end. The real question is if he low end is still to high for most shooters!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poorboyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is this to much for 308 </div></div>

really?

59vo04.jpg

If you are shooting at stationary targets out at distances beyond 2-300 yards it may have its place. If you are trying to shoot movers or are shooting in heavy mirage, you will probably want something that dials a bit lower.

I run a fixed 10 on my TRG, but will likely move to something that is variable with a low end around 5X. Being able to dial down like Rolex pointed out above can be huge. If you are looking at the 12-50, I would urge you to look at the 5-25 instead.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poorboyshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is this to much for 308 </div></div>

If you don't know that having 12x as your lowest and 50x as your highest magnification on a .308 rifle scope is ridiculous. You should just sell the rifle and buy something your more familiar with... like a butt plug.

I depends on range to be shot but for the most part it is a little high. I have shot out to 2 miles with my 50cal at the cheyanne wells machinegun shoot. In the morning before the mirrage really kicks up I have cranked up to 40X but as it heats up I back off to around 30X. I mostly shoot 300-1500 yards and I am going with 8-32 power scopes now on all of my bolt guns. Just my 2 cents