• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

13.7 556 rifle length gas suppressed only

mr4848

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2021
TN
Any thoughts on a rifle length gas system for a 13.7 556 suppressed only. The dwell time with this setup is very close to my other blackout and 556 suppressed that run great and are quieter than the rifles with longer dwell times. I can open gas ports, adjust buffer weights & springs, bcg weight, agb, hammer spring tension etc etc. My only concern is suppressed. I'm already familiar with mid length 13.7 and run a carbine 10.3 suppressed and love it. Is the pressure reduction from mid length to rifle extreme? I realize that's only about an 1.5 to muzzle but there's another 6 plus inches of suppressor.

Picture of a 14.8" RLGS barrel:
14.8_AGP_barrel_gas_block_tube_.jpg

Where do you put the gas block, or threads, when you take 1.1" off that?
Since you're already in the custom barrel realm have a 13.5-14" intermediate gas barrel made. Intermediates I've had have been great at 14.5-15" unsuppresed, I have no doubt you could chop an inch off that for full time suppressed use.
I'm not saying the juice would be worth the squeeze to get a custom barrel made for such a specific reason, just saying I think it could be done.

Last edited:
Picture of a 14.8" RLGS barrel:
View attachment 7674142
Where do you put the gas block, or threads, when you take 1.1" off that?
Since you're already in the custom barrel realm have a 13.5-14" intermediate gas barrel made. Intermediates I've had have been great at 14.5-15" unsuppresed, I have no doubt you could chop an inch off that for full time suppressed use.
I'm not saying the juice would be worth the squeeze to get a custom barrel made for such a specific reason, just saying I think it could be done.
No you're right. These were done quick calculating driving down the road. I had rifle gas at 12in and wasn't including barrel extension depth

Reactions: TonyTheTiger