• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 130 gr 6.5 Creed Prime ammo in 7.5 twist barrel

EastBayRidge

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2007
East Bay, California
Anyone have experience with above load in a 6.5 Creed with a 7.5 twist barrel?

Berger stability calculator (tweaked in length, as I understand the Prime bullet has slightly different specs) seems to indicate that it should be stable but wanted to see if anyone has had hands-on experience.

I have an ARC Nucleus 2.0 rifle coming in and need to gt some ammo; super-tempted by the Prime offerings but don't want to get a case and find out I made a bad match to the rifle.

Thanks !

That ammo is good stuff and should be fine in your rifle. Of course, barrels can sometimes be picky, but most good quality builds will shoot most good loads well.

You can always sell it on here if for some crazy reason your rifle doesn’t like it but like lash said good rifle good ammo usually pretty happy. I load 130 eldm in mine and I love them but I’m 1.8 twist.

Reactions: EastBayRidge
You can always sell it on here if for some crazy reason your rifle doesn’t like it but like lash said good rifle good ammo usually pretty happy. I load 130 eldm in mine and I love them but I’m 1.8 twist.

Anyone have experience with above load in a 6.5 Creed with a 7.5 twist barrel?

Berger stability calculator (tweaked in length, as I understand the Prime bullet has slightly different specs) seems to indicate that it should be stable but wanted to see if anyone has had hands-on experience.

I have an ARC Nucleus 2.0 rifle coming in and need to gt some ammo; super-tempted by the Prime offerings but don't want to get a case and find out I made a bad match to the rifle.

Thanks !
It is PHENOMENAL...

I fought with @Robert Gradous (RIP) for a week. I wanted him to build me a barrel and he insisted using a 7.5 twist rate over the conventional 8 twist. I finally agreed.

I have shot it repeatedly at distances out to 1,000 yards. It is a hammer. It works with PRIME and Berger 130 grain ammo, Berger and Hornady 140 and 147 grain ammo equally well. It is a laser with the PRIME and Berger 130s which is what I use the most.

Not the exact same but very close, I used Norma Match 130 grain ammo for initial sight in and any smoothing out the throat in a new Bartlien 7.5" twist 6.5CM barrel.
Very accurate and zero issues, the Prime ammo I would wager is of higher qualty.

It is PHENOMENAL...

I fought with @Robert Gradous (RIP) for a week. I wanted him to build me a barrel and he insisted using a 7.5 twist rate over the conventional 8 twist. I finally agreed.

I have shot it repeatedly at distances out to 1,000 yards. It is a hammer. It works with PRIME and Berger 130 grain ammo, Berger and Hornady 140 and 147 grain ammo equally well. It is a laser with the PRIME and Berger 130s which is what I use the most.
Thank you for the feedback ! Super encouraging, and much appreciated.

Not the exact same but very close, I used Norma Match 130 grain ammo for initial sight in and any smoothing out the throat in a new Bartlien 7.5" twist 6.5CM barrel.
Very accurate and zero issues, the Prime ammo I would wager is of higher qualty.
Thanks ! Appreciate the feedback. Super helpful.

It is PHENOMENAL...

I have a Gradous 7.5t bbl on my 6.5c as well. Loves the 130 Berger Hybrids.

Reactions: Nik H
I have a 7.5t and I'm fighting something on mine. Not sure if it's the twist or the barrel. Other say maybe my scope. In talking to the folks that made the barrel out of a Bartlein, they think it's a carbon ring. Not sure I can believe that after being cleaned thrice after 60 rounds total (1 at 10, 1 at 25, once at 50.

I have a 7.5t and I'm fighting something on mine. Not sure if it's the twist or the barrel. Other say maybe my scope. In talking to the folks that made the barrel out of a Bartlein, they think it's a carbon ring. Not sure I can believe that after being cleaned thrice after 60 rounds total (1 at 10, 1 at 25, once at 50.
I’m sorry to hear that. 6.5 is usually easy peasy, though I prefer 8 twist for that caliber. Bartlein is also usually a no brained. I’ve shot out two great Bartlein 6.5 8 twist barrels. It certainly see no reason that there should be a carbon ring with only 60 rounds on it. I’ve only had a carbon ring twice and both times were after about 500 rounds without cleaning. Now I clean every 108-200 rounds just as a preventative.

In any case, what is your issue/problem? What are you fighting?