• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

130 Hybrid Not Feeding In Mega Maten 6.5 Creedmoor

DRAM40A1

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2007
    S E of Dallas,TX.
    After finishing up load work on the 140 AMAX, I turned my attention to the 130 Hybrid. I started them out .020 off the lands at 2.822
    With a ten round KAC, a 20 round KAC they jammed at the end of the barrel before entering the chamber. I seated them .040 deeper to fit in a Magpul PMag and get the same results. Any advise as to what is causing this issue?
    I’ve pretty much given up on the Bergers and just about ready to move on to 139 Scenars....

Attachments

• F25B7AC4-D00F-4C9D-BBB8-C4671EB3F349.jpeg
      F25B7AC4-D00F-4C9D-BBB8-C4671EB3F349.jpeg
      385.9 KB · Views: 25
    Try flaring the front half of the feed lips on mag *slightly* upwards (last 1/2" or so flared upwards maybe 1/32-1/16" of an inch.). It should allow the case to rock upwards just a bit earlier and avoid hitting edge of chamber.

Some have enlarged the feeding cone when they've had similar issues but easier to try a mag fix than machining new feed cone.

Reactions: DRAM40A1
    Can you try a different mag? PMAG? Or will you have OAL issues?

-Stooxie
    I used 10 and 20 round Knights Armament mags. Plus I seated them deeper to try the PMAG. I’m wondering if I should try .010 off the lands and seat them a little longer. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try.

Last edited:
    I used 10 and 20 round Knights Armory mags. Plus I seated them deeper to try the PMAG. I’m wondering if I should try .010 off the lands and seat them a little longer. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try.
    I don’t know why I though longer would help. LOL
    I’m going to try and adjust the feed lips on one of the mags.

Issue is the Ogive shape vs ogive to tip length. The 130s are very flat,skinny from ogive to tip and relatively long (140ELDs etc are more like a short half football shape vs 130s are more long triangle shaped).

The ogive on the 130s doesn't contact the feed ramp enough to to push the nose up into chamber.

Modifying mag slightly should help though; get the bullets to ride a bit more nose upward in the magazine and it should solve issue.

Reactions: DRAM40A1