• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

139 Lapua Scenar Lot Variance

wisey113

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
Denver, CO
I have been loading a 6.5 CM at 2.800 OAL, and a case length of 1.910 +- .002

I recently moved to a new lot of Lapua 139 scenars. My case length and dies have not changed, and I’m now seeing OAL of around 2.785, about a .02 variance.

That seems like a lot of a variance for a lot change. Is this normal variance, or am I completely missing something here?

Thanks In advance

I have been loading a 6.5 CM at 2.800 OAL, and a case length of 1.910 +- .002

I recently moved to a new lot of Lapua 139 scenars. My case length and dies have not changed, and I’m now seeing OAL of around 2.785, about a .02 variance.

That seems like a lot of a variance for a lot change. Is this normal variance, or am I completely missing something here?

Thanks In advance
It's not unusual to get that much difference from one lot to another for OAL's, even for Lapua projectiles. The variations in meplat area tends to be the main contributor. One can sometimes also find that much difference in BTO's and bearing surfaces from lot to lot.