• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

139 Scenar, HPBT vs OTM

RRW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2013
Alberta.,Canada
Anyone notice the difference between 139 HPT and OTMs? Just got some new bullets, (OTMs). The few HPBTs I have left are noticably different. The OTMs have a larger meplat and an obvious difference in profile than the HPBTs but the same prodect # on the box and same listed BC. Haven't shot the new ones yet as finishing up my last few of the older bullets. Hope the OTMs shoot as good.

Yep I noticed this as well. No one seems to know what is going on.

I read about one guy that got a new batch of the OTM's and he figures they are back to normal now.

If anyone knows if the G7 BC of 0.290 for the (large meplat) OTM is accurate please let us know!

We got out shooting today with the 6.5mm 139gr OTM’s and the old HPBT’s.

My drops with the HPBT’s matched the ballistic calc perfectly out to 926 yards.

The OTM’s had ½ MOA more drop at 665 yards and 1 MOA more drop at 926.

I fudged the ballistic coefficient for the OTM’s until the numbers matched.

Bryan Litz gives the HPBT’s a G7 bc of 0.285. The bc I came up with for the OTM’s was 0.265. It seems to be fairly low but the drops matched the calc perfectly after that.

If anyone else finds anything post it here.

I've noticed this as well, and haven't been real thrilled about it. But I just got a nice surprise on my doorstep. I ordered 1K of the 139 gr Scenars from Bullets.com and much to my pleasure, what was delivered was the older HPBT marked version. And I verified that they are the ones with the smaller meplat, so if you're looking, there's still some out there.

After they are all gone, I'll probably just start pointing them, but for now I won't mess with it.