• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 14.5 Predatobr Larue Scope choice?

TexasMade

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Larue should be coming soon. Looking for a good optic. Must have turrets. Prefer good glass. Something with good eye relief I can shoot pigs on the move close range, but yet still enough magnification for 600 yards. I'd like at least 8x on the top end. Thanks for the help

BTW Please don't suggest a 4x and tell me how Bobby Joe can walk out his front door and shoot a deer in the eye at 600 with just a 4x. I have a VXR patrol 1x4 on my POF 223 and can hit 10"x10" steel with it at 600 but for this gun I want to be able to shoot out more comfortably and really see the target at distance.

I have a 14.5" build that will be done soon. I too am looking for an optic with a little more magnification than the 1-4 PST I currently use on another AR. I was looking at the SWFA 1-6 as a possible choice. I haven't seen any 1-8's yet that still retain the compact size of the 1-4's and 1-6's. Also, I'm not spending $1500+ on a AR optic, so selection seems to be slim.

Vortex PST 2.5-10x32.