• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

14.9 5000 meters supersonic

Been on the back burner for more or less a year. We explored, and will continue to try to obtain an action suitable and pick it up again.

Alan

so the build was developed back in 2012/2013 and still no defined update on having a finished quality product must be some problems my guess extraction neck alone will cause that its way to long

Mark-
There's nothing wrong we with the cartridge design. It works quite well actually. It has never had any extraction issues at all. The trouble is an continues to be finding a sound receiver suitable that is reliable, as Alan said.

Hi,

@Dan Warner
Have you guys tried and/or had problems getting the Truvelo 20mm actions?
Have you guys asked Keary at Vigilance if he would make or allow you to make the 20mm action that was the original windrunner and/or the warlock that Jon originally had?He has those designs in Solidworks and such.

Sincerely,
Theis

I've been trying for a year and a half to get something out of Truvelo. Every time I inquire, I get the put off 'we'll get to it but not sure when' answer. Kind of funny that they advertise the very receiver we want/need, but have never actually delivered any, at least according to their rep. And they never answer my requests through their website. Seems they don't want to take my money.
The warlock that Jon started with was plagued with functional issues. Part of the problem was that we had only make the dies at that point. I have not seen the windrunner, but have to inquire to see what he has or will do.
All we need is an over size 50 Cal receiver that will take a standard trigger and has a solid firing pin system. Not too complicated conceptually, but we'll have to figure out the chassis once we have a working receiver. I have contacted Barnard to see if they'd make us one, but have not yet received a response.

Hi,

Yea Truvelo is horrible in that fashion.
Good luck with Barnard....Sam would not even entertain lengthening the GP a few years ago for a longer BMG project.
Keary at Vigilance Rifles should have the solidworks drawing for the original windrunner receiver from EDM, as it was originally designed as a 20mm system but was scaled down to the BMG for production.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Northman623
screen-shot-2022-02-11-at-08-42-11-png.7805693

Reactions: The D
I guess they're still waiting on the action. per post 2 and 4.
Hell, I'd love to have some action. sighs, but the lottery gods determined that I stay poor and stay away from Vegas. Lexi and Cinamon will be sad. I'll live another day.
edit - so I'm not a compete smart ass
Here a link, google shows 7/29/22 update, but the article still shows 12/2012
link
excerpt
"The project is still in the early stages of development, and the five-kilometer supersonic range, over three miles, is a calculated estimate based on the cartridge specifications, and not a real-world result. Still, the team’s goal is that range with an accuracy of .5 MOA. Based on vehicle-mounted weapons and light artillery, that goal doesn’t seem entirely out of reach."​

Last edited: