• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

14 reasons to stay away from Blackthorne Products!

9976jbh

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
14 Reasons not to buy anything from Blackthorne Products!

#1 I ordered a complete .308 upper and lower parts kit to match an Armalite lower and was sent an upper that matched DMPS style...

#2 They would not respond to my requests for replacement.

#3 So...I bought a DPMS lower to accommodate their mistake, fired the first round and the bolt jams itself so hard into the breech that it took a screwdriver to remove it...

#4 Gunsmith checked headspace and said it was short chambered by .005 as it wouldn't close on a go-gauge.

#5 Gas port misaligned with gas block and port was .031 forward of the index mark on the barrel step.

#6 Before initially firing the weapon, there was a highly visible bur in the barrel from drilling of the gas port...

#7 When Blackthorne finally responded to me via the Better Business Bureau complaint that I filed, they claimed the malfunction was due to my modification (what modification, changing my plans and buying different lower?) and they stated the upper had been test fired before shipping and worked perfectly...Hmmm, nice bur. Must have happened after the test firing. Dishonest.

#8 the extractor retaining pin is improperly size and is loose and falls out.

#9 The bolt has crude grinding marks on it to accommodate the misaligned extractor.

#10 Bolt shows chipping near bolt cam pin.

#11 Gas block had punch marks from installation of gas tube roll pin.

#12 Inferior anodizing of upper

#13 Trigger and disconnector were received with mating surfaces that were crudely ground and when lower was tested with another upper, a double fire situation occurred several times.

#14 Their customer service sucks...

Bottom line, never do business with this company...learn from my experience.

Re: 14 reasons to stay away from Blackthorne Products!

If you would of done a little research you could of saved yourself the ass pain. If everyone did a quick google search before buying ARs these guys would be out of business. They are also known as Hesse and Vulcan as well.

yikes, note to self... thanks for the heads up..

That's why when I read a post on here that includes the word "cheap", and there are thousands, it just makes me cringe. The shooting sports are not a "cheap" game. That is the ONLY reason to get anything from Blackthorne.....cheap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jh1990</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They are also known as Hesse and Vulcan as well.</div></div>

OR CRAP!... but they make GREAT 50's!...:)

No kidding!!! I bought an AICS from these Aholes and it didnt include the screws or the bipod mount. Listed as New old stock. When it arrived I asked what happened and they replied was it in the pic?? Yeah internal parts !!!! I guess with them you need xray vision!!! Never again with these guys!!!

Well really the bur from the port isn't that big of a deal, nor should it be a deal breaker.

As for the other 13 reasons, yeah okay they suck
grin.gif

Reactions: wyat45

OUCHIT!!some people without morals etc like to take hard earned money ,damn black list them !!!

Just hope you learned to research products a lil more. Even their own facebook page there is people slamming them on it.

A big +1! Back before they were so well known for the junk they churn out, I purchased an upper from them. This is no joke, the barrel had the original extension removed and replaced. As anyone who has built ARs knows, if you try to remove an extension and replace it with another, it's a one in a million shot at getting the gas port lined back up.
Anyway, they installed the new extension. Redrilled the gas port hole at a different location. Not such a big deal right? There was a piece of the barrel missing at the old gas port hole the size of a dime! The hole was then filled in with bondo or some sort of metal epoxy crap. Before the epoxy even dried they slid the gas block over it and lined up the new hole. Leaving big gobs of epoxy all in behind the gas block. The gas block didn't cover up the hole either!
From the looks of it they blew the hell out of the barrel with either a big bur at the original gas port hole, or with a double charge. It blew the small chunk out on the outside of the barrel when this happened. They filled it with friggin' epoxy and sold it as new.
Had I shot that thing without inspecting it first, my wife would be typing this for me. Look MA! No hands!
Do not ever buy from them! Always inspect your guns first! No matter who manufactured it. With the recent upswing in AR parts production there is no reason to buy from them.
Happy shooting.

Holy Crap!!! These guys should be stopped in their tracks by someone? I have read tons of Bad, Bad, Bad deals with them. What can someone do?