• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

140 hybrids in a 8.5 twist? Gtg or no

joebino55

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
Ft Benning, Georgia
I am wondering if anybody has any experience shooting 140gr Berger hybrids in a 8.5 twist barrel. I am in the process of a 260 build and have a Bartlein 8.5 twist 5R barrel I just picked up on here. I already have a 260 with a 8 twist Krieger and it shoots the hybrids better than anything else and I have a good supply of them so I am going to stick with these bullets. The box says 8 twist or faster but I just want to get some opinions before I do anything. Thanks.

I don't have any feedback to contribute but if you post your typical shooting elevation it may help with the responses. The higher elevation the less twist you'll need (not a huge impact but enough to be aware of).

Your fine with a 8.5 twist and the 140 Hybrids.Im at 550' elev. and have zero problems.