• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

150 SMK Loads

I used 150s in my AR-10 for a bit. Did some load development with RE17. Got a .5 moa load with 40.7gr of RE17. My SD was around 5 and i avered 2667 for velocity.

That being said i did all my load development by single feeding. After that i learned that my rifle would not pick up the 150’s from the magazine. The Ogive to the tip was not fat enough to contact the feed ramps and the tips would jam into the barrel extensition; causing a failure to feed 10/10 times. Good accurate round for sure but my rifle didnt like them.

Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting on my slow gunsmith to finish my barrel swap for my bolt gun. Ordered a 1 in 7 twist Krieger barrel. My plan is to run the 150s for the BC. I've had good luck with sierra in the past. I'll probably work up a good load eventually, but I don't see as much about the bullet as I thought I would.

Will be interesting to see. Not sure if you can push fast enough to capitalize on bc. Been eyeing those for next barrel. Probably need at least 28” barrel. Good luck