• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

153 A-tips BC in Kestrel correct?

LRdasher

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2017
Working up a load for my 6.5 PRC with the 153 A-tips. When I pull the 153s up in the Kestril App bullet library it is saying G7 BC of .373 which seems crazy high. Hornady says .355, I shot them out to 1000 and .351 seem to line up for my gun.

Curious what others are seeing for real world BC?

Assume the .373 is a typo? I also plugged in the custom curve in my Kestrel and it gave same output as .373 G7 BC

Usually use the AB custom curves as they tend to work well but this one seems way off.

Poking around in the PDM's shows a G7 of .354-.359, the AB library is showing the same .373 for me in AB mobile and Kestrel Link Ballistics.

I assume it's a typo.

A custom curve should show a 1.0 value for BC. If the drop tables are the same result for the custom curve and the .373 G7 then something seems way off with their library on this one.

Poking around in the PDM's shows a G7 of .354-.359, the AB library is showing the same .373 for me in AB mobile and Kestrel Link Ballistics.

I assume it's a typo.

A custom curve should show a 1.0 value for BC. If the drop tables are the same result for the custom curve and the .373 G7 then something seems way off with their library on this one.
Thanks for confirming. The drop tables for the custom curve and the .373 appear to be the same.

I will manually enter the BC.

Last edited:

I assume it's a typo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought with the new update it shows the actual value of the bc now in the custom curve and no longer 1.0. I can't confirm that because once I did the update the custom curve library will no longer show up so I'm manually entering values anyway

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought with the new update it shows the actual value of the bc now in the custom curve and no longer 1.0. I can't confirm that because once I did the update the custom curve library will no longer show up so I'm manually entering values anyway
On the Elites with a purchased CDM or PDM you actually get all 3 values available. When you select Custom Curve it will still show a 1.0 for BC, G1 and G7 will show those values adjusted so the curve matches the CDM/PDM.

Reactions: HMRamateur